80's Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored this here 80's steel 56cm Huffy road bike last night for a staggering 15 bucks, she's a beast, strip down began immediately. I threw on a set of 26" coaster wheels with some blue 1.5" Origin 8 tires, a 52t Crown Japan crank sprocket and 18t rear, cleaned and repacked all the bearings, added seat, pedals, chain, everything, fun little quick build, bike is smooth, fast and fun to ride. Weighs in at a modest 26.2 lbs.:whistle: First pic is as received last night,...

Then she turned into this,...

Thanks.

Thanks Luke, she's a blast to ride, has that good ole 80's feel to it, I really like the colors on it.

Thanks fellas, these old frames are perfect for single speed setups, American bottom bracket, horizontal dropouts, fun and great riding bikes, they can also be picked up for cheap! They weren't afraid to put a little rake on the fork back then.:41:

Thanks us56456712, good thing is they can be had for cheap, these pop up quite often on craigslist and other local sites for next to nothing.

Wow, whoda thought that was hiding under there. Makes me sad I threw away my old 10 speed road bike last summer.

Latest posts

Back