'78 Good Vibrations (serial number question 3/27)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '78 Good Vibrations

Dredging up an old post here...

I was messing around with this bike and found another number stamped on it. Now I'm not sure if I've got the year right. So, Huffy guys...which one tells me what the year of manufacture is?

On head tube #HC2148128

On bottom bracket #82407HUFFY26404

And finally a pic with new grips on it.
100_2132.jpg

Dredging up an old post to update with a photo. New stem and bars. Love the way it looks right now, even though it's basically stock.

4f9ee1cbfc1f4001996c57af9f390ff5.JPG

I would say you have an '82.....mine has a 78 where yours has 82, and I know mine was purchased originally in '78.

Also, the type fork you have wasn't used after '85 in my experiece with these older Huffys....

but....I could be wrong......its just based on my experience with old Huffys.... :D

Good Vibrations Chain Guards & Fenders

That came out really nice blacksheep, very classy slick black! What stem did you go with? It suits it very well. And I like your white one RZ94. I hope to go look at one this Saturday in white as well.

I've recently picked up a couple Huffy's for my girlfriend and daughter. Only one is a women's bike. I would like to find the fenders and chain guard.. If anyone can please help, thanks.

2013-02-17115520_zps56c78302.jpg

2013-03-23155549_zpsb374faa2.jpg

Thanks QuickSand. I converted the white one to a 5 speed, and sold it, wish I kept it now. Most Wald cruiser fender sets will fit this fame, as with chain guard. I know I can always find these on Craigslist in my area when I need parts....

I've been tweakin' this one in and out of the parts pile since I bought it in a toy store in 1980 (or thereabouts, don't feel like braving the freezing drizzle :roll: to check. :mrgreen: )
GEDC0003.jpg

bike3044.jpg

GEDC0008-1-1.jpg

Huffys like and similar to yours didn't always have fenders. I have a 1979 Huffy catalog and it shows frame styles and bikes similar to yours both with and without fenders. Here are some pictures:
IMG_6225_zps988d8bb1.jpg

IMG_6224_zps27e2a6c8.jpg

IMG_6226_zpsbae78de7.jpg

IMG_6227_zps9a87bc65.jpg

cool catalog scans - are there any hi-rise / banana seat bikes in there ? would love to see the catalog pics of those :)

Yes there are some good banana bike pics and there are also some really cool bmx bike pics, including a great pic of the huffy mono shock bmx bike.

I'm going to be selling the catalog on the for sale forum when I get time to list it. It'll be $15 shipped (usa 48 states).

Latest posts

Back