67' typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended a little dry spell when I picked this up tonite for a little more than the cost of a large pizza and a six pack. I hope my friend from New London doesn't see this because I went to Mystic to get it and I would feel bad..... :wink:
typhoon1.jpg

typhoon2.jpg

typhoon3.jpg

typhoon4.jpg

The serial # reads: EC28353. 1967 24"

nice find. I like the rust on that rear fender. Funny how the front looks okay and the back is way far gone.

Yeah, that's weird. The rims may be too far gone for polishing so I might delace them, sand them and paint them. the spokes look great. I didn't even notice the red under the scratches until I looked at the pics. I think its a repaint. I'm 95% sure I'm gonna repaint it. The chicago decal is the only part that makes me not want to paint it. Is that just a fake sticker? If I do paint, it'll be lime green metal flake... I think.. I maybe indecisive.. I haven't decided yet. :roll: Looking for input on the bike! thanks.

nice score! think the rear fender looks alomst the same as firewalkers orange hok :shock:
ohhh. almost forgot the red under the black paint is probably the red primer schwinn used back then(hope this helps)

The crank is the cleanest of any of the bikes I've ever bought. hubs are real clean I may set this one aside for the next buildoff while I finish hanging a suspended ceiling in the basement. Man, I want to repaint this thing.

Wow, that bikes raises one good argument for not painting and those white rims are awesome with the white walls. I'm dying to paint somethin' but i SURE can't complain. Now let's see one with some paint to really screw me up.

Looks nicer than the black Typhoon that I stripped down last spring. Should be a nice basis for resto/custom.

Hose it off and hit it with some Bar Keeper's Friend and a toothbrush (on the chrome) ...little rubbing compound(avoid the decals) and you'll have some nice patina, kind of an oxymoron, but you'll see.

Schwinn paint is like a fine wine!

All right, The Governor granted the paint a pardon! Great input. The experts concur and apparently it is Schwinn paint. Can't defile that. I'm dying to paint and the last three bikes I scored I let the paint be also, my higgins, couldn't touch this.
higgins38.jpg

The royce union, very cool original paint,
ru26.jpg

And this dumpster rescued racer cleaned up sweet,
P2010162a.jpg

This typhoon paint will polish up nice too. I must be a moron for complaining but I been telling myself 'I am definitely painting the next one' . I must be jinxing myself (some bad luck, I AM a moron!) with reverse mental voodoo. Hey I know, 'If the next bike I find is an elgin or some rusty ol' monarch, I am definitely heaving it back in the dumpster. ALL I want is crappy, disposable, Chinese mountain bikes!'......Lets see if that works.
Oh yeah, I just noticed the tiny front sprocket on that 'high wire' typhoon. Was that ever actually ridden on the wire? How cool would that be to own her!

Latest posts

Back