`62 Schwinn Travaler (Cleaned and ready for the road)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Picked this up today. It was all there except for the pedals. Not to bad. Paint will clean up, chrome is good. Fenders will need work. Don't even know if the rear hub or lights work at all.

Re: `62 Schwinn Travaler

These are great bikes. I just finished up a '60 Men's. Those will be the lightweight stainless steel fenders. They're awesome but prone to dents and ripples because they're softer than standard steel. Enjoy!

I think if this turns out nice enough, it might be the wives ride. She loves red. It has her name all over it!

QUEASY RIDER said:
I think if this turns out nice enough, it might be the wives ride. She loves red. It has her name all over it!

It's a Schwinn...it'll turn out nice enough :mrgreen:

Beautiful bike 8) ....love those old original graphics!

Well, I had to buy 2 tubes and take a pr. of pedals and a headbadge from inventory. Everything else is original to the bike. The 3 speed hub works beautifully. I need to try more things for the lights though. So I think my total investment of $30 was well spent. My wife likes it, her favorite color is red, so I guess I'll keep it.

Latest posts

Back