60’s? Rollfast survivor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to buy this bike for $150. I’m not sure good of a deal that is or if the seller would be flexible on price. I think the bike would clean really well. The surface rust in the chrome is very light and I believe almost all of it would come. I feel like most the surface rust on the white part would come off as well. It’s got a newer seat, but seems in good original shape otherwise.

It’s single bar cantilever style frame kinda reminds me of my Shelby Traveler. Was there ever a tank for these bikes?

Attachments

• CC192DEE-7242-4BC6-9F6C-086CD5FFFB46.jpeg
    CC192DEE-7242-4BC6-9F6C-086CD5FFFB46.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 87
I wouldn't pay a buck over $ 75 for that bike .There's better deals out there . When it's meant to be you wont have to ask . This Columbia Clipper is for sale here , near mint but there's no way I'm paying the $150 asking price .
1587310557098.png

It's early 60's is my guess.
63 ad, yours looks like the bottom left:
1587373284558.png

I agree $150 is too much. Cleaned up and shiny might bring you $100. For your own use, it would have the most value, as you can't get that quality in a new bike for under $150. For a resale though, it's not that desirable.

I'd like to see these run of the mill American bikes get some respect. Maybe a trendy thing will happen, but I've been waiting 30 years and there's still little value to these bikes.

I offered $100 for it, and they said they’d think about it. It’s worth that to me just for my collection, and the fact that my son is getting into these bikes. I could clean it up and make it a good rider for him. Of all the bikes I have, I don’t have a green one, so it would be nice to have a splash of a different color in there.

I’m assuming Harris was the manufacturer for these single bar cantilever frames?

Snyder was the manufacturer of them, mainly Rollfast brand bikes. Harris was the marketing side of the company. Snyder also made bikes for Mongomery Wards Department stores, they were branded Hawthorne. Same bike, just a different name. I just sold my Snyder made 1942 Hawthorne, getting ready to move to the Philippines. Hawthornes could also be made by others too.
45816370_369485413797417_8244867195633401856_n.jpg

Man, that looks good actually. If I could find that tank, I’d definitely buy it if she accepts my offer.

Latest posts

Back