59 Schwinn Straight bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of my wife's 59 Tornado Straight bar. I just added the rack and crate, she requested something for when we go camping. I had previously had the rack on the bike when I built it 15 plus years ago, I shortened the legs to bring it closer to the tire and help get seat lower, she's only 5'3". I welded a simple small crossmember between seat stays for it to bolt to.
IMG_3473.JPG
IMG_3215.JPG
IMG_3216.JPG

That's a rarer frame than a straight bar. It's a twin bar, only made from 59 through 62. They brought out the Tornado in 58, but it had the standard straight bar frame. From the 59 catalog:
1959_11.jpg

A few pics of my wife's 59 Tornado Straight bar. I just added the rack and crate, she requested something for when we go camping. I had previously had the rack on the bike when I built it 15 plus years ago, I shortened the legs to bring it closer to the tire and help get seat lower, she's only 5'3". I welded a simple small crossmember between seat stays for it to bolt to.
View attachment 65044 View attachment 65042 View attachment 65043
Beautiful bike!

Latest posts

Back