'58 delivery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This first pic is great composition, color and contrast. The rich red, shiny chrome with the black headbadge/accents.

100_3503.jpg

hmmm I know I did not spell flip the filter must be working overtime
cman thanks for the pic comment but that rich red is just clear coated primer and really looks reddish brown to the naked eye.
you all are correct, that tank really brought this bike to life and I cant wait to take a long cruise on it.

busy busy ?? its Winter I'm not supose to be this busy but I did get a little done. Bit the bullet for a disc brake for the rear , i just could not find a thing locally in a standard caliper to fit this frame so $100.00 bucks later I have brakes. :roll: here's the buisiness end
100_3527.jpg

found a rider for the handle bar , some of you might recognise this guy
100_3530.jpg

oh the delivery part got a little make over as well
100_3528.jpg

a few more little details this w/e should finish it up :D

Mark

Very nice...
It looks like Speedy Gonzallez sped it up a bit :lol: :lol:

Ebba..Ebba...undallei,undallei....Ebba...Ebba

and I just took a closer look at The Bike in the last picture,
man...that is a beautiful job!
The paint,the chrome,The Brakes, wow!

very nice!

peace,
Kev.

The brake looks great. Good bet upon your first test drive. A disk brake could be the new Rat Rod way. Your bike is meant to go fast as a true Rat Rod should be. The disk brake may be the way to stop the go fast.

Your paint looks fabulous.

HEY MAN! THATS SPEEDY GONZALAS! I grew up watching reruns of them cartoons and my parents grew up watching them before they were reruns haha!!!!!!!!!

again thanks for the great comments guys...its almost there or so I thought , after finishing the rear brake up I took it for a spin and all was fine in front of the house so we decide to go for a longer cruise thats when I found out the brake needed a bit more than I gave it..got to the bottom of the hill hit the brake and its slowing just fine?? lets see how good it will work , grabbed a big handfull and it let go ..twisted right out of the drop out ....what a mess had to carry it home.
100_3554.jpg

Straightened the the dropout and the rack supports realighed the wheel and caliper then made up a support brace.
100_3577.jpg

Took another ride today... all good so we went for a long ride, this bike is fast on the down hill and one brake is not enough for my 220 lbs but no mishaps just a cool ride actually it was in the mid 70s this afternoon ..nice and the brake got a good workout or should I say heat treating
just need to finnish the lighting and some cable ties otherwise its a good ride and gets up the hills ok with the mountain bike gearing its now a 15 speed.
100_3584.jpg

more later
Mark

You might need to get some Fred Flintstones shoes as backup.

Bike looks great. Speedy found a great home atop that Speedster

cman said:
You might need to get some Fred Flintstones shoes as backup.

Bike looks great. Speedy found a great home atop that Speedster
Hahaha ur funny, I think it looks cooler with support on it. Nice work man.

Latest posts

Back