'57 Schwinn "Krunk Junk" New shoes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flea market SCORE!!! I went to the flea market today and found some cool cheap stuff! Got 2 sets of 26 inch wheels with tires and good tubes for $10! One set is coaster brake with stainless spokes and alloy hoops, and some well used whitewalls. The other set has a 7 speed cluster on them (with bent axle), alloy hoops, stainless spokes, and a nice set of smooth tread 26 x 2.0 tires that had a grey / silver color sidewall and a recessed center like rain tires... they look like new so I put them on Krunk and they compliment the bare metal really well. I figured for $10 I did good. I rode around the block and they roll really nice. Also greased the crank bearings while I was at it.

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Wheel and tire score!

Luke.
Yep, I only used the tires on Krunk. I kept my thick spoke steel wheels because they are wider and stronger. I do have an axle to swap into the wheel with a bent axle though now I just got to find some cool 26 inch frames.

Well just an update, my mom made a full recovery from her heart attack. As far as the bike goes it has been a daily rider for a year but is left outside chained to a tree and left to rust. Still not a drop of clear has hit the frame. Pics tomorrow.

This bike means more to me than any other because of it's sentimental connection, I rode this bike everywhere, to the hospital to check on her, to the store to get groceries, and cruising around to unwind and let my mind rest, through it all it never let me down, not even a flat tire! Till now, had a flat tire the other day almost as if the old girl wanted new shoes. So I swapped out the rims for some newer ones from a Schwinn protocol. The mix of old and new is just what the old girl needed.

Last edited:
Well in one year it has accumulated a good layer of rust not quite ready for clear but getting close, just letting mother nature do it's thing naturally. Here she is with her new wheels. Fan spoke deep V rims from a newer Schwinn Protocol mountain bike.

Need to make a mount for the brake caliper but it does fit.

The seat has seen better days,

Latest posts

Back