Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Please Help ID

MadMax '58 said:
Thanks....Googled it and came up as an "Evans Interceptor"....Still trying to figure out the year...... :D

Ok....Narrowed the year down to '58-'62....As Evans went out of business in '63.... Also seems they didn't make a cantilever frame until '58...... :D

You are correct sir! From what I've been able to figure, that chainring (kind of a cheap copy of a Monark) was used in their last years. I have a '60 brochure which shows the Wald chainring used on most Evans. There was also a Viscount model, and different 'trim series' by number, 200/400/600/800 typically. Very cool and unique bikes! -Adam

Re: Please Help ID-(It's an Evans Interceptor)

MadMax '58 said:
Thanks Rustinkerer....To bad it's not a "Harley Earl" design....As he designed for Evans/Colson in '55 and continued a few years, probably until '57....Now to make it a rider since they're a little scarce here....
Gotta love that name "Interceptor"...... :D :D

Close-up of "Tear Drop" chain ring.....
004-1.jpg

I think Earl had a hand in designing this model, it was originally the Firebird, introduced in '57 like mine:
adamtinkererscollection016.jpg

Definitely the square fenders and swept lines! Also, since I have photobucket open, a late Evans like yours.
collection3004.jpg

Latest posts

Back