'51 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought my wife to a garage sale today because I saw they had an old set of 3 metal pink flamingos that I knew she would really like in her garden. I didn't tell her why we were going, I wanted to surprise her. When we got there the guy also had a row of old bicycles. In the row was this '51 Schwinn and I only had enough money for one thing, the bike or the flamingos, so I guess I'll have to surprise my wife some other day.
stuff028.jpg
stuff029.jpg

As the old knight,who was gaurding the chalice room on "Indiana Jones",said...'you chose wisely...' P 8)

I'm planning on going back in a week or 2 and get the flamingos for her. She thought the flamingos were way over priced and told me we should buy one of the bikes instead.... she's OK!! With any luck I can find enough money in the next few weeks to get her the flamingos and maybe pick up another bike from this guy. I told myself I don't need any womens bikes but he has a real nice '58 Roadmaster womens bike that looks like it will clean up close to new. His prices were a bit high but we'll see......

I'm still really new to this bicycle stuff so I'm still slowly learning. I'm pretty sure the white painted s-2 wheels would be original to the bike. I should finish cleaning and greasing the bike later today. It rode really nice with the hardened old crusty grease so hopefully it will be even better when I'm done.

I spent the last couple days taking the bike apart, cleaning, re-greasing and tonight I reassembled. I was hoping a little more color would pop out but at least it doesn't look faded brown anymore, now it's faded burgandy.
stuff033_zps159cf6fb.jpg
stuff034_zpsb83c6153.jpg

Latest posts

Back