50s Foldable Twins: Do we have anything here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 vintage 1950's era German bicycles. They are both exactly the same. Foldable.
$75.00
That's what the ad says, anyway.
I looked for info on these bikes, couldn't really find anything
Anyone familiar with them..? I'd like to hear your ideas on these bikes.
I live , like a mile and a half from these.
:wondering: I don't know, ...I find it hard to believe they are 'collectible' , since the price is fairly low
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/bik/5477973147.html
Thanks,
Franco
twinbikes.jpg

I can't read the head badge, do you know what manufacturer they are?

Either way, personally if they were near me; and $75 for the pair? I'd buy them.

OKay, that's one "I would buy them"
well, that was the thing Falstaff. the headbadge reads Super De Luxe, that's it.
I found one ref. to the bikes declaring them junk, of course.
And that person had the same ?? Who is the manufacturer...
Would you buy them to play with, or to sell ??? or to Mod ?? ...
I'm still cleaning up and flipping daily

I believe they're badged rapido, they're the only bike I can think of called super de luxe. I have a 24" girl's frame, now that I think of it. I'm thinking the head tube is shaped the same.

I think they were made in Czechoslovakia or something like that. Not particularly valuable, but for that price I'd get them to tinker with and ride.

They look cosmetically challenged and are very basic single speed bikes with limited adjustments for rider comfort and no collector interest.
At the listed price you'd have to consider clean up and servicing time and materials, potential replacement parts (sun baked tires etc) and potential resale margins.
I definitely wouldn't rush on these unless you want to ad them to your own herd. Think about it for a week or two and if you think there may be some meat on the bone for you, make them a lower offer then. I have a feeling they'll still be listed.
These are likely yard sale finds that this guy is trying to flip.:bandit:

They look cosmetically challenged and are very basic single speed bikes with limited adjustments for rider comfort and no collector interest.
At the listed price you'd have to consider clean up and servicing time and materials, potential replacement parts (sun baked tires etc) and potential resale margins.
I definitely wouldn't rush on these unless you want to ad them to your own herd. Think about it for a week or two and if you think there may be some meat on the bone for you, make them a lower offer then. I have a feeling they'll still be listed.
Valid point, it does all depend on what you plan to do with them.

They look cosmetically challenged ....
I definitely wouldn't rush on these unless you want to ad them to your own herd.

Good points LFD...thanks.
I don't particularly care for these bikes, was just wondering if they were 'something' and the seller wasn't aware of it.
My 'herd' is pretty large at this point, gotta move some stuff out before any more 'incoming'....:)

Latest posts

Back