'41 Walco Badged Schwinn pair with paperwork.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's probably what I'll go with. I've had a pair of the Goodyear style before, I think they are on eBay for $50 shipped for tires and tubes.

Finally changed the thread title. Although there is evidence that point in two different directions. I'm going with what the serial numbers say.

Frames are '41 and hubs are late '41.

I'm calling them '41's

This was the Walthour Hood Co. (WALCO) Sporting Goods Pryor St.

8u5y7y5y.jpg

Finally changed the thread title. Although there is evidence that point in two different directions. I'm going with what the serial numbers say.

Frames are '41 and hubs are late '41.

I'm calling them '41's

With '41 guards I'd go with that too. Last bikes built before the war. Gary

Great finds!!! Don't know if anyone else remembers Walthour and Hood Co, but I knew some of those guys. A salesman named Bob Williams called on my Dad. Bill Anthony was sales manager. I went to their warehouse a couple of times but it was on Rogers St. in Atlanta then. I still have a 1965 Walthour and Hood bicycle catalog. Thanks!!!

Great finds!!! Don't know if anyone else remembers Walthour and Hood Co, but I knew some of those guys. A salesman named Bob Williams called on my Dad. Bill Anthony was sales manager. I went to their warehouse a couple of times but it was on Rogers St. in Atlanta then. I still have a 1965 Walthour and Hood bicycle catalog. Thanks!!!

Wow that's awesome! Because of these bikes I've kinda wanted to research Walco. I'd love to find some memorabilia from the '41-'49 related to the store.

Walthour and Hood went back a long time. The company was started by the brother of Bobby Walthour who was a well known bicycle racer from Atlanta in the early 1900's. I remember we got Huffy and Dayton bikes from them. They had Murray pedal cars. They also distributed lawnmowers, sporting goods, and hobbycraft. They had warehouses in Charlotte and Miami too. My first bike was a 20" Walco made by Schwinn.

The company was started by the brother of Bobby Walthour who was a well known bicycle racer from Atlanta in the early 1900's.

I was wondering if there was a connection between the two. That's awesome!

Latest posts

Back