• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

40's? Heavy-duty Headlight/Spotlight?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This was on my Simplex motorbike when I purchased it. Wasn't the correct for my bike, great light though. Rust and dent free with very nice lens, reflector, bezel and housing. Marked K-D Lamp Co. Cincinnati, Ohio, Model 853. Untested. Paint overspray on lens can be scraped off. $65 shipped CONUS.

Prompt payment requested by personal check or USPS money order, sorry no paypal.
Headlight will be shipped immediately when payment is received.
IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4482.JPG
IMG_4483.JPG

This was on my Simplex motorbike when I purchased it. Wasn't the correct for my bike, great light though. Rust and dent free with very nice lens, reflector, bezel and housing. Marked K-D Lamp Co. Cincinnati, Ohio, Model 853. Untested. Paint overspray on lens can be scraped off. $65 shipped CONUS.

Prompt payment requested by personal check or USPS money order, sorry no paypal.
Headlight will be shipped immediately when payment is received.View attachment 41960 View attachment 41961 View attachment 41962

I have two of these. They are old industrial lights that were in a place without windows and could be turned on when the electricity went out. They both were attached to a large battery box with switches. The replacement batteries are expensive and they no longer meet code so I picked up the battery box and lights at the Habitat For Humanity Restore for $2.00 in a small rural town. Mine had heavy duty swivels attached to the large bolt. The only difference is that mine have frosted diffuser lenses, otherwise they are identical. I used them on bikes after putting a switch on them. Nice heavy duty lights. I put LED bulbs in them. The batteries are also in the headlight case with the LED and switch. Works great. You have to weld/fabricate up a heavy duty mount to keep them from bouncing and moving down. I have also found other similar old industrial lights that I have used for bicycle headlights at other Habitat for Humanity Restores. Here is one that is similar that I found at the Restore mounted with a heavy duty bracket to my Rollfast. This one has an old 3 cell flashlight as a power source for the LED conversion. As you can see these type of lights are vey well sized and shaped for converting to a bicycle headlight. Looks like the old Delta but are much more reasonable in price and usually in better shape.
IMG_0358.JPG

Latest posts

Back