37 Schwinn Admiral - Klunker New YST Bottom Bracket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need to move some bikes out of the house, might as well build 3 pick one. Klunkers all, get rid of a bunch of 26" MTB parts etc in the process plus some donor bike parts.

The Good
IMG_2290_zps67b2253a.jpg

The Bad(...)
IMG_2292_zps5ef6d01f.jpg

The Ugly
IMG_2291_zpsb7a9d870.jpg

Ugly may stay stripped as it has very bad pitting but it may get a textured or hammered paint job, need to figure out the fork situation between Bad and Ugly.

Re: TheGood, The Bad, and the Ugly

Number 1 is my choice. The bright paint and chrome fork is perfect.

Number one is beautiful!

But then,
Number two has style!

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

cman said:
Number 1 is my choice. The bright paint and chrome fork is perfect.
Yep, Admiral frame and has the original badge too.

41DX said:
Number one is beautiful!
41DX said:
But then,
Number two has style!

The lighting got funny on the shot, but the maroon on Bad has morphed almost to a Ranger brownish red, really looks a lot better in person.

CCR said:
Agreed, the good is good :)

Agreed, and The Good is getting wheels, bars, and stem from this former RBBO bike. Nexus 7 will be pulled in favor of a coaster single
IMG_0784.jpg

Hope to see the Girvin on number one.

kingfish254 said:
Hope to see the Girvin on number one.
I think the Good is getting the shiny bits more towards chrome, but who knows. The elastomers have finally started melting so need to replace those with spring or new elastomers(not those ugly clear yellow though), maybe try some skateboard wheels.

Need to gradually strip the paint on the truss fork and find out what the original color is, with luck it somewhat matches the Bad. I can see the darts under rattle can paint. It's off a ladies bike so long headtube will need cutting and threading.

dude, that girvin fork. too cool. maybe cool isn't the word for something that odd, but i love it.

Slow getting going this week as I had to get gears back on this bike, for a possible sale. Required teardown of my RBBO7 rear wheel to get the original wheelset/hub back in.

Some parts that'll be used be used, gonna lace this Morrow blackout hub in this wheel, also had this TruVativ BB conerter and Super Maxy crankset with drillium ring sitting around forever for the Admiral(the Good) build, ordered a Velosteel hub to replace the Nexus 7 on the black Schwinn previously posted. Still need to get spokes for both.

CCR said:
Where are you at on these Socal ... 8)

Nothing photo worthy, lifting paint on the truss fork(was black), figuring out a paint match for it, getting silver headset together from parts pile(most of a Bear trap I think). Then I spied the sealed bearing units on porkchop, might try one. Need to tear wheels down & order spokes but work is killin me. Velosteel hub on the way. Still figuring out paint/wheelset for Ugly got an old black Dh wheelset might poach rims for, want to order all the spokes at one time

this would be my choice , if there a way to flip the fork arms forward , it would be even nicer
IMG_2291_zpsb7a9d870.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
this would be my choice , if there a way to flip the fork arms forward , it would be even nicer

You can flip the fork legs forward but it really jacks up the handling.

socal_jack said:
OneHorsePower said:

You can flip the fork legs forward but it really jacks up the handling.
or
Girvingercustomfork_zps6b2d84cb.jpg

schwinn/Girvin sprigner hybrid 8)

Now that might be worth doing, have a set of spare old time fork legs from a springer and the numbers almost work. The trouble would be the shock attachments maybe some Heim joints would do it.

OneHorsePower said:
or
Girvingercustomfork_zps6b2d84cb.jpg

schwinn/Girvin sprigner hybrid 8)

Latest posts

Back