'37 Elfman Streamline Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are back.
Less than 3 weeks to go now.

This is looking real good so far , love watching the metal work come together.

Another week down, anything new?
14 days to go

This is how it looks with two weeks to go.

I still have the customized fenders, springer, rack, handlebars, and chain guard to fabricate. Who thinks I can do it?
I can usually do a lot in a short time if I put on my red cape, so if you have one too I'm thinking you might pull it off.

Nice to see you back I was wondering what happened to you .. I guess I can't talk my bike has been at the paint shop for 2 months begging to think I will never see it again !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is having fun being your spokesmodel!

Spokesmodel?!?! What you don't think a super hottie like myself would want to spend all her free time in dirty old barn grinding steel? Don't make me pull the sexist card you.;)
Gotcha! Thanks for the introduction. Next thing I know you are going to tell us you are a Lou Reed fan too.....;)

Spokesmodel?!?! What you don't think a super hottie like myself would want to spend all her free time in dirty old barn grinding steel? Don't make me pull the sexist card you.;)

I thought she said "this is my husband's and I am about to take it for it's first ride". She just doesn't look like a WALDO to me. :D
Nothing sexist on my part. One of my favorite builders here is Miss Funk. Jane Says puts together some fun creative rides too.

I thought she said "this is my husband's and I am about to take it for it's first ride". She just doesn't look like a WALDO to me. :D
Nothing sexist on my part. One of my favorite builders here is Miss Funk. Jane Says puts together some fun creative rides too.

Ahh I just messin' with ya of course, I wish I was her husband or even her boyfriend but I'm old enough to easily be her daddy.

I went on a manic building spree this evening and got the rear "tails fabbed up. Here's some pics:

I'm pretty excited to have this step almost behind me and super stoked about the frame again. Yesterday I was looking at the frame and wishing I had given it a more extreme slope to the top tube but honestly I was kind of limited by a few factors. I knew this element would stretch it out a bit but now when I look at it I don't think I would change a thing.

Awesome!!!! I have really been waiting for those sweeping tail sections to go in place. Not taking anything away from the rest of this awesome frame, but they really MAKE the build in my opinion. So sick!!!

Thanks, check out my latest "sickness". I pulled off the rear fender extension, it was easier than I thought it would be.

Here's how I did it, very primitive as always:

I just streched the metal with a rounder hammer and a hard surface, the flair was a natural result of stretching the metal.

Then I gently welded it up.

It still needs some tlc but I'm just going to keep pushing forward for now.

Latest posts

Back