BO15 32" Motorbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think fabrication is complete. A few doodads/reflectors/whatnot may go on, and maybe some pin striping, but other than that, this thing is done. I'll hold off posting in the finished thread until I know if I'll have time for any of that stuff. I will get some better photos, though, maybe somehow involving the scale of the thing.
IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Amazing build! Yes, definitely put the bike in a position / location for your final photo that shows the scale of the build. Near something that we are all familiar with the size of, like a mailbox (if you can find one ) or a park bench, fire hydrant, those kinds of things.

I'd also include some description of the dimensions, wheel / tire size, wheel base, length of the reach from center of the saddle to center of the headset, that stuff. It's so well balanced otherwise, that you don't pick up on that without knowing it's a big bike. Well done!

Can you do front and back, to keep the ratio similar to standard?
I have made my own sprockets on more than one occasion. I am usually making front sprockets that will fit under an engine or modified skip tooth to accept a motorcycle chain. Anything I can do you can do better. I have used mild steel ten speed cassettes and cut them apart to take the taller gears out and weld one to a freewheel too.
FB_IMG_1599821521570.jpg

This is most interesting. I had a thought to use a 36" set of wheels and make it look drag bike-ish. I just don't have the skills but it has to allow a strange standover for a person around 5' tall. It would look cartoonish where this build is going to look proportional. I'm amazed at the skills shown on this build and on the board in general. Not all of us have the skills of deven. Be Well, Short Stufffffff.

This is most interesting. I had a thought to use a 36" set of wheels and make it look drag bike-ish. I just don't have the skills but it has to allow a strange standover for a person around 5' tall. It would look cartoonish where this build is going to look proportional. I'm amazed at the skills shown on this build and on the board in general. Not all of us have the skills of deven. Be Well, Short Stufffffff.
Here's the 36" bike that I built a handful of years ago:
Lee McNeese Pic.jpg

Latest posts

Back