^<>^ 30 Sumthin Elgin and something Really Cool ^<>^

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
My latest acquisition is a 30 something Elgin. Metal clad wood wheels, Musselman pat pend hub may be date coded after I clean the grease off. More to come on that. Red leather Troxel Long spring saddle and Torrington handle bars. Oh yeah and that last pic is a CVT Nuvince current generation Blackout hub on Sun Rhino Lyte wheels. Hubs are disc ready and I have a set of 8" Hayes rotors and Hydraulic brakes ready and waiting.

32Elgin1.jpg

32Elgin2.jpg

32Elgin3.jpg

32Elgin4.jpg

32Elgin5.jpg

NuvinciSet.jpg

Man that is cool! That old elgin wow. I love it, that seat looks so comfy! the bike plates cool too! good find man.

Nice Elgin.

Did you buy that Nuvinci as a complete wheel? From Niagra Cycle? I have been tempted to buy one as they make a great hub for Xtracycles.

Nope, not from Niagra Cycles. Got it on ebay though for a song. Gonna lace them up to a set of creme with black pinstripe Schwinn S-2 wheels. 8) 8) :shock:

cman said:
Nice Elgin.

Did you buy that Nuvinci as a complete wheel? From Niagra Cycle? I have been tempted to buy one as they make a great hub for Xtracycles.

hmmmmmm........... that bike looks really familiar
id venture to say its late 20's(same frame forks,fenders,etc. as mine and board track fans newest)
and just so you know that frame will not fit balloons

I went into Maine yesterday. 430 miles roundtrip, my buttocks were a tad sore from sitting for so long. I was just north of Freeport so i did the obligatory stop at LL Bean to see the trout!

Forks bent? they can be fixed!

Joe

BankerRAt said:
Joe - I love that bike. Did you get that in MASS. I looked at a bike exactly like that but the forks were bent. :)

Joe, you obviously have no use for anything new, i can send a UPS call tag for those wheels :wink:

The Elgin is sweet but those wheels will be fun to build into something.

Walker

sensor said:
hmmmmmm........... that bike looks really familiar
id venture to say its late 20's(same frame forks,fenders,etc. as mine and board track fans newest)
and just so you know that frame will not fit balloons

Joe can do it......Joe can do anything!

I'm not saying this to give you a hard time because,...well, the bike is awesome,....but...if Santa rode a bike... :wink:

Latest posts

Back