30 for 1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trade that is, after 3 1/2 years heavy into my new Bike Hobby, I have a massed a huge pile of bikes. And after rebuilding and selling over 100 bikes since the first of February this year, I decided to cut back on the habit a bit. So I put a ad on C/L to sell or trade 30 BMX bikes for $15 each and they had to take the whole lot or trade for big adult bikes.

Get a text from a guy in Oregon who has a GT I-Drive 3.0 to trade. Ok 30 beat up bikes for a GT that was $750 new. So I met him half way and traded bikes at a rest stop on the freeway...

So here is some pic's of the short 180 mile round trip this morning. Any other big trades go down for the rest of ya???

BTW way the GT needs $80 in parts, no biggie, 45 bikes gone in 2 deals. The local bike Co-Op got the other 15 kids bikes.

The Whole load.

BikesTrade01.jpg

The fill up, can you say ouch????

BikesTrade02.jpg

Taking a break out in the middle of no where. 20 miles to go....

BikesTrade03.jpg

And 1 to take home.

BikesTrade04.jpg

I was watching a show on Velocity about car guys that literally trade cars amongst each other every year, with little or no cash involved. As long as everybody gets what they want, I think it works out well.

Cool haul. I remember once when I was just a young kid (like 7 or 8 ) I ran a buy sell and trade bike repair shop out of my garage and had also traded work for parts, bikes, and other stuff (As well as digging trash piles and dragging home every bike and part I could lay hands on) One day a kid I went to school with came over pushing his Hutch Pro Racer with a flat tire for me to fix. I told him he'd be better off to let me trade him out of it, he said "Man this is a nice bike, you'd have to trade me 10 of your bikes to get this." I said "Take your pick" and opened the door.

Of coarse he went for some of the best ones... Ended up giving a Redline, two GT's, four Dynos, a Mongoose loop-tail, and a few junkers for it. But I was king with those 8th grade girls! :mrgreen:

I wonder where it would up. I miss it. Oh well now I got a Judge! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back