3-WAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some starting pieces
P1010007.jpg

This might take awhile to buildup....$$$$$$

a trike with independant rear suspenion? hopefully? :mrgreen:

i see an air bag. hey do you find that those rims are a pain in the u know what to lace and get straight. when i used the wheelsmith calculator it was way off i guess because the spokes are laid out flat.

thats sweet man. how are you going to drive it, universal joints?

stretch said:
a trike with independant rear suspenion? hopefully? :mrgreen:
nope....sorry charlie.....that is on my hit list but this is quicker for the time and money is tight right now......after my airride trike wanted next version to have IRS so i can bank switches into turns.......
This is an IFS
karfer67 said:
i see an air bag. hey do you find that those rims are a pain in the u know what to lace and get straight. when i used the wheelsmith calculator it was way off i guess because the spokes are laid out flat.
Nice tiny airbag from my friends in spain....couldnt find any that small in the states.......have to do more math for the spoke calculator when the spokes arent all in the center of the rim.....measure the width from left rim hole center to left rim hole center.....subtract that from your measurement of left hub flange to right hub flange...then use spoke calculator...i use the one at http://www.bikeschool.com.....went there years ago to learn about jigs and how to weld titanium (another thing on my hitlist.. Ti cruiser)

actually have to relace them with 12gauge spokes because hub holes are rather large..........
want them tight for the independent front drum brake skids

front 20x3
rear 20x4.25 with 3speed

maybe rear suspension too if time and $$$ permit

Way Coool! Are you planning to have the bottom bracket ahead of the front wheels or are you going for the long wheelbase look? I love those tiny airbags too. You'll have to sell this stuff through your store. Are you planning an online shopping cart for those of us not in the New York area? :idea:

OCD said:
Way Coool! Are you planning to have the bottom bracket ahead of the front wheels or are you going for the long wheelbase look? I love those tiny airbags too. You'll have to sell this stuff through your store. Are you planning an online shopping cart for those of us not in the New York area? :idea:

nope not recumbent just a inverted trike.........just opened a store (Local Cycles)on sweat and spare change...but big online store planned after the summer rush ...next winter game plan.....plus all my framebuilder components (SIC)

cruisinfornia said:
what up sicnick. how's the store going?

waiting on spring......feel it comin soon

I look at all the heime joints welded to the bars you made and the things cut out with a water jet , and I cant for the life of me figure out where your going with this. I guess maybe I'm not suppose to . You got a picture drawn of this or are you just doing this in your head? :shock:

it's bound to be something similar to the new Can-Am trikes. IFS that you still lean in to turn like on a regular sport bike/harley

Latest posts

Back