3 new schwinn offerings from walmart

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ladies phantom and a coal krate and an orange krate
1824ff42-a761-47c2-9ff8-d220a30e2908_1.ed2dc55b4a80faa51f35ee5c8ebb5afc.jpeg
81-SHu08WlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81Dy05wid7L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With prices like that, is Schwinn trying to establish themselves as slightly higher than the regular Walmart stuff? Or is it the bubble effect of the lockdown with everyone rediscovering cycling, all the Walmart level bikes' prices shifting upwards? I'd rather see a better Schwinn product. Is there anything better about them, or just cashing in on the old familiar name?

I was getting safety glasses for work at the walmart in gilroy. I decided to go look at the bicycle section and there was not one bike in the store. Our local bike shop in Hollister is also sold out.

I was getting safety glasses for work at the walmart in gilroy. I decided to go look at the bicycle section and there was not one bike in the store. Our local bike shop in Hollister is also sold out.
So when 5speed says there's 3 new schwinns at walmart he doesn't mean three new models, he means there's literally only three bicycles for sale at walmart :bigsmile:

I suspect this isn't the case, but it would be cool if these were made with modern tubing and components in the old styles. The looks of a lot of old bikes is appealing, but the build and components are not. Going further, the tank could be repurposed for storage of pocket items, they could add a front brake, etc.

What if they updated these classic bikes with aluminum frames and rims? Do you think they would still sell?

kool file,it wont load but if you liik up the file on your computor u should be able 2 see it ureqlsObdyoizl3zx8 says its 2 big to list here!

What if they updated these classic bikes with aluminum frames and rims? Do you think they would still sell?
They'd sell to RRB members and other like minded individuals, but probably not in the volume walmart would want to justify the increased manufacturing cost. So they'd end up with an even higher price than the $500 phantom that kicked this thread off. A price point that would mean this cabal of dumpster divers would no longer be interested :/

they sell the krates on amazon and the phantom on wallmart web site,i can view that link myself in my saves,i have one of the aluminum 3i bikes,even comes with schwinn typhoon tires,was a dealer only bike not big box,big box dont normaly sell 3 speed internal rear hubs,lookin for them to do the boys fantom in kool colors,my 3i
schwinn_s9_classical3_teal_w_09_z.jpg
67174576_2482894585272061_8709300426169647104_o.jpg
67678672_2482894468605406_3020548553933062144_o.jpg

Wondering if we will see a men’s Phantom show up since they’ve released the women’s.

any working link for the krates? I tried to search for "Krate" and got crates.

Thank you MazdaFlyer. The tread subject led me astray.

Latest posts

Back