29ers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine all together and ridable. Still a few fit and gearing issues to work out (note excessive steerer tube spacers). Some new parts, some stuff recycled off my prior bike. Now I just need time to ride it!

Kona hei-Hei Deluxe, Scanadium hydroformed tubing, WTB laserdisc wheels, tires and saddle, Fox RLC up front, kind of a mish mash of XTR,XT and sram for drivetrain and my trusty Cooks F cranks with Race Face rings and my trusty old Look pedals that refuse to die.

043011054.jpg

043011055.jpg

043011057.jpg

This is the only glamour shot I have of the shop 29'er. Origin8 Scout chromoly frame, Recon Gold TK forks, Sram X7 2x10 drivetrain, X7 hubs laced to Sun Equalizer rims, Hutchinson tubeless Python tires, Clarks brakes, Origin8 and Kore small parts to finish it off. Right now it's set up for me and the Mohican 100, my goal is to finish and live to talk about it. :)

29erBuild009.jpg

SWEET O8!!! I have their CX frame built up (with lotsa O8 bits) and love it :D

Here's my first 29er,bought new in '08 for my birthday,sold this year to help finance my current stable.
'08 Redline d440:
3-12-09BreaksRide1-1.jpg

And my current two,a pair of Vassagos...
'11 Jabberwocky:
004.jpg

009.jpg

Build spec:
Cane Creek S3 HS
RS Recon Silver fork
WTB Speedisc wheels (now sporting a Rekkon 24t rear cog for my hilly trails-spins out easily anywhere but hills,LOL)
Avid bb5 discs
CST Caballero 2.25" tires
Truvativ stem,BB,and Stylo crankset (32T)
Sette white cockpit (ti railed saddle)
Jagwire cables

'11 Bandersnatch:

Bander1.jpg

Bander2.jpg

BandersnatchandJabberwocky1.jpg

Build spec:
Handbuilt WTB wheels and Avid bb7 discs
Another S3 HS
I forgot the tires.... :oops:
Truvativ Stylo triple (used as a double) crankset/BB,Sram X9 drivetrain (SLX double front mech)
Manitou Drake airfork
Sette cockpit

Not sure where to post a CX bike...I use it for road,gravel,"all roads" (read,from crappy,to barely a road),and occasional singletrack (as in,if I find some trail I didn't know about while out exploring),so I'll post it here too.

'11 Origin 8 700CX:
Origin8CX1.jpg

Origin8CX2.jpg

Origin8CX3.jpg

Build spec:

Nothing fancy,a mix of mid level Shimnao and Origin 8 stuff to keep the overall cost down (since I was both building three bikes at once,and wasn't sure about the whole skinny tire riding :p ). Ritchie 35mm tires,Alexrims wheelset,triple crank (touring).

Very nice bikes, everybody. @ Lowdownminitrucker: I'm glad to have found somebody else with the CX700 frame set! everywhere I've been looking, I get no results. My build is pretty crappy, with low-mid Shimano components. I'm still using a 3x7 drivetrain, but w/ an old set of RSX 3x8 brifters. :D Oh well. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Sorry in advance for the crappy pics; I was using a camera phone at the time.

DSC_0222.jpg

BTW, did I mention the frame easily fits 29 x 2.1 tires? I'm running a pair of CST critters on it now. I assume 2.25s will fit aswell...

DSC_0224.jpg

This setup works real well. I ride offroad quite often; not super harsh offroad, but muddy dirt trails, and a rubble-based trail down by the lakefront where I live.

I likes yours too! :D
Yeah,ya don't find many of em posted up anywhere. I sees em at my LBS,and on Tuesday group ride-days,there's always a couple O8 Scouts built up either single or 1x9,but that's it. I know I'm loving mine :D

This was once a fully geared machine. Replacing all of the new Shimano stuff is ignorant, so I converted it to a single speed!
1.jpg

biss-ness said:
tobynapalm said:
This was once a fully geared machine. Replacing all of the new Shimano stuff is ignorant, so I converted it to a single speed!

Well played Sir!

Thanks! Funny thing is, I'm about to put gears back on it because I'm moving out West. :mrgreen:

Here's my 29er, was building a single speed rigid mountain bike, then wanted a 29er too, combined them and bought this. Easily one of my favorite riders right now even though it tossed me on a jump yesterday and I had to have X-rays this morning...

IMG_4869.jpg

Latest posts

Back