29er coaster brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this 29" croozer that I love to ride (Campland on the Bay!!!) and right now the coaster brake hub is giving me a massive headache. I've read post after post after stoopid post and articles and YouTube videos about rebuilds, overhauls, and replacements. All I wanna know is...is my hub shot, and should I just buy a new wheel, is there someone here in SDCA who really knows how to rebuild these things, or are replacement assemblies/parts for sale somewhere out there and how do I know what kind or size or any other specification of the hub will be the right one for me??? I just wanna ride again.

Frustrated in San Diego

Attachments

• dec83d3b-99dd-4ab9-9619-bda0b07b8b39_2.ce84983ff2f2e949bc438f30f94b8545.jpeg
    dec83d3b-99dd-4ab9-9619-bda0b07b8b39_2.ce84983ff2f2e949bc438f30f94b8545.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 102
Regarding finding a bike shop, look for one that prides itself for BMX bikes sales and service. Talk with the mechanic and state the brand name of your hub, and that it is a 29er .

Could be something over or under tightened at a factory or at the store; the braking or coasting or driving problem was not really stated.
When I hear of cruiser bicycles and San Diego — I think of Mission Beach (or PB).
+1 The final cone adjustment upon assembly is critical part of coaster brake assembly. too loose the rear wheel flops around, and too tight leads to binding and drag. Also note the cheapo China clone Shimano hubs seem to have weird noises and vibrations that persist after lube and assembly. It helps to just ride it a few miles they get better. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back