27" Single Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this here single speed track style bike up a few weeks back locally for 90 bucks. The guy I bought it from was an older fella from NY who hand built a set of 27" Mavic G-40 wheels with a Histop coaster brake for it. It's a 700c chromoly frameset, Thompson 110mm stem, Campagnolo front hub, 55cm in great condition, couldn't pass it up for that price, wheels are tight, bout 4mm of clearance between the fork and front wheel, rolls forever with these big ole wheels. I spent this past week changing a few things up and truing the wheels laser straight, I also added a set of Redline low pro pedals, new gold chain, slim racing seat and a set of 1" riser bars, fun bike, I took it out and put about 25 miles on it today, she's fast. Running a 46/16 but gonna be changing it up to a 48/16 to maintain a little higher speeds. Did great on the first ride today, wheels are still straight as an arrow.

I've had a few bikes like that and it's easy to get in trouble with that much speed and just a coaster brake with a small contact patch. I was skidding a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only drop down in the launch attack position when on long un-obstructed stretches, I just like faster cruising speeds. I don't ride on the highway's, only on the bike paths and back neighborhoods, the coaster is super smooth and i'm not much of a risk taker any more, all is very calculated.

Thanks guys, been clocking a lot of miles on it since I got it dialed in.

Thanks Jerry!!

Latest posts

Back