26 inch DYNO FrankenBMX. FIRST RIDE! SERIOUS FUN!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 26 inch DYNO FrankenBMX. DROPOUTS DONE! NEARLY FINISHED!

Well, just got back from the first ride on the BigBoyBMX, very happy, that thing really flies! :shock: Forgot how much I enjoyed properly set up single speed bikes, no mess, no fuss, just get on with the job!

At first I found the front a bit squirrely when standing up for more power, but tracked that down to not enough air in the front tire, speaking of which, the tires must be older than I thought, starting to develop cracks, so will be getting new ones before too long I think...

The Pics:

9868507454_ff8f8451c7.jpg

9868519984_e4a181ddba.jpg

9868476406_3d37cbc2a2.jpg

9868487945_6706cc7c2c.jpg

Luke.

Re: 26 inch DYNO FrankenBMX. DROPOUTS DONE! NEARLY FINISHED!

LukeTheJoker said:
Well, just got back from the first ride on the BigBoyBMX, very happy, that thing really flies! :shock: Forgot how much I enjoyed properly set up single speed bikes, no mess, no fuss, just get on with the job!

At first I found the front a bit squirrely when standing up for more power, but tracked that down to not enough air in the front tire, speaking of which, the tires must be older than I thought, starting to develop cracks, so will be getting new ones before too long I think...

The Pics:

9868476406_3d37cbc2a2.jpg

Luke.

looks ace!!!! but whats that in the sky in pic 3?

/ole\

Just a bird Jake! :wink:
I was wondering if anyone would notice... We have somewhere in the region of 500 birds on our house block, it did get as high as 2000, but we cut some trees out as they were getting too close to the house and encouraging the birds to move into the roof cavity, baby birds chirping all night in the ceiling above the bed is enough to drive anyone nuts! New roof on and fix some gaps and no more bird issues! :D Also had less snake issues since then too!

Luke.

Been having so much fun riding this thing, I still have not pulled it down for finishing up and paint! :lol:
Might try for it tomorrow, if I don't get it done by the end of this month, it wont be done for quite a while with the 2 mini build-offs happening... Not a big issue, it is riding and will be kept inside, so coming back to it in a couple of months is fine...

Luke.

I had to join so I could comment. I built my bike over the summer We both seem to have the same result from 2 completely different builds. Your bike rocks and I intend to steal some ideas from you for my next build. I do not think I have the nerve to cut the dropouts off my Dyno so I decided to make a second frame instead. But thats another build.

click on image to enlarge

I take the bike to work and ride during my lunch break, I hop curbs, pop wheelies and lock up the rear tire and skid sideways, Big BMX bikes ROCK!

Don

Latest posts

Back