26" Bmx cantilever bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KNOCK...KNOCK...KNOCK..."U-Haul police. We'd like to have a word with you."... :shock:

I have some questions:
my brakes are mx 1000's and theyre brown correct?(not faded)
My pedals are what size?(i keep forgetting the darn sizes)
My pedals are what brand? It says CM, does it stand for something?

this is my u-haul crusier

u-haul002edit.jpg

u-haul004edit.jpg

have't had time to start cleaning her up yet
dingo yours is looking good keep it up

ponytailmike
mike

im GUESSIN but maybe alot of bicycle shops would double as u-haul rental stores to supplement some income (alot of the shops here also offer lawn mowing services, small engine repair, lawn mower sales, portable sheds, u-haul rentals ....) and somewhere along the line they started renting bicycles too :?: :?: . I cant find squat on the net about uhaul bikes tho.

maddogrider said:
aka_locojoe said:
Cool bike. Good photos. What did U-Haul do with these bikes anyway? Rent them out?
I was woundering the same thing. I thought they just rented trucks and trailers.

From the late 60s - early 80s uhaul rented everything, from campers and lawn mowers, to wind surfing boards, sailboats, chainsaws and even bikes. The serial number is usually a 4 digit marketing company code with a 2 letters usually an anagram could be Road Master or something i'm not sure, then followed by the 4 digit serial number.

camera-gate361.jpg

i am guessing its 1754RM8061 , but the first digit is hard to see. Or possibly its so old it was a different 3 digit system that was used prior to the current system which goes back as far as 1985. If i can get the exact Serial number i can look it up when i go to work and see if I can pull up any information on it.

I have pulled up information on trailers aging back to 1960 before.

ej599 said:
KNOCK...KNOCK...KNOCK..."U-Haul police. We'd like to have a word with you."... :shock:

Technically they could do this, and have done this although usually only on u-haul trailer models, that they still use. I highly doubt they would, but if you are worried about it I would get a bill of sale or something to remove liability.

It may be hard to me to find a vertical u-haul sticker with clear background, but nothing is impossible. However, if you want a reflective one that is horizontal i could get you that easily. White background with reddish orange script about the same size as the one pictured on the seat post.

Those are sweet looking bikes and would be a sweet addition for any U-haul collectors. See e-bay they do exist.

I often thought of a ratrod bike rental as I live 3 minutes from the lake and my town of Lucerne actually has some nice roads around here...all we really need around here is a bike path that would circle the lake,that would rock!!! :wink:

lowindo said:
From the late 60s - early 80s uhaul rented everything, from campers and lawn mowers, to wind surfing boards, sailboats, chainsaws and even bikes. The serial number is usually a 4 digit marketing company code with a 2 letters usually an anagram could be Road Master or something i'm not sure, then followed by the 4 digit serial number.
That's jogged my memory, I remember a U-haul that had windsurfing gear and Sunfish sailboats out front. Now the local shop only rents dangerously under-maintained trucks and trailers...

Latest posts

Back