26" 58 Murray Strato-flite. Whats it worth? Pictures Added!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a nice bike I found but am having trouble finding a decent value of it. The guy is asking $400 plus shipping and that is just above what I really want to spend but the bike looks real cool so may cave a bit if I am not overpaying. I have seen similar year Murray bikes on Ebay for about $200-$300 so just was curious if his price is fair or not. His description is below.

All original except peroid original nos tires. The bike is in fantastic condition, all greased up and ready to ride. I've ridden it a few times and it always gets a ton of attention. It has the front and rear rack, dual Delta headlights, tank with horn and tail light. It rides great and everything works and is original to the bike.

Not sure how to post pictures yet but can maybe e-mail some if that helps. It looks real nice from the pictures.

Re: 26" 58 Murray Strato-flite. Whats it worth?

Here are some pictures.

murray.jpg

murray1.jpg

murray2.jpg

murray3.jpg

murray4.jpg

murray5.jpg

murray6.jpg

That looks to be in incredible condition. I don't know what the fair market value is, but I would say that's worth as much as that model and year could possibly be.

I'd pay the asking price, and maybe even shipping to have it but i'm canadian and shipping kills me, Look at it this way. you could buy a newer repop bike that looks nice, will it be the same quality or last as long as that bike? or do you want the real deal? I say go for it, I would lol maybe you could bargin and get shipping included or something.

This is one nice bike! You have a real Show piece there. You only want to pay what you are comfortable with, if he's asking $400.w/ shipping , how much is shipping? maybe ask him if he will take $400 shiped.
I have the '59 Western Flyer Golden Flyer payed $100 for it and a '60 Murray payed $100 for it and a frame of another found in junk yard $0, Mine are not complete, I'm missing the tail light on both and 3 out of 4 headlight lens.

I have a hard time believing that bike is all original and hasn't been restored and rechromed at some point. If it is in fact all original, $400 is definitely a fair price for it. You just don't ever see bikes like that in that kind of condition, unless it's been a show bike its entire existence. Although I agree with dogdart, it looks to me like it's probably early 60s rather than late 50s.

Any way for me to tell the exact year before buying? serial number? Thanks for the replies!

Thats in great condition :shock: I'd try to get it for $300 or less :wink:

That bike is sweet..I guess the seller has the upper hand on the sale..Depends on how bad somebody wants it..? :wink:

I beleive it's later than '58 , like '62 or later?
I looked in the april '58 issue of American bicyclist magazine, and there's an ad with this exact bike on it! It's illustrated, but shows the same dual headlights, checkered badge, racks, pedals, and decals. This bike was all new for '58. Of course, the original had ww tires, which this bike definitely needs! Is it worth $400? Probably, but most would be hesitant to spend that much on a middleweight Murray. -Adam

So you have made contect with the owner of the bike, did they indecate that they might do better on the price, but they would like to get the asking price. You might try saying that you are just strating your collection and would really like to add this beauty to it. You know what you can afford better than anyone else. Good Luck.

I've been putting mine back together for about 3 years now my paint and decals aren't the best and still need 2 tail light lens 3 head light lens and the 1 reflector. But this is part of the fun going to swap meets.

If anyone here knows where I can get any of these parts Please let me know. Thanks

I have made contact and tried to offer $350 and he turned it down. I can afford it easy and really like the bike, but just posted this here to make sure I didn't overpay for my first bike if it was really only worth $200 or something ridiculous. Based on the responses here some think it is a fair price and some think it is too high. I guess I will just have to make a call and have just not jumped on it since I have been looking at a few early 50's bikes in the same price range and only plan on buying one to start with.

This is your call and no one can say if the price is right or not. If you live in the East or West it may right on, but here in the Midwest I'd say it's just a bit high, how bad do you want it? I'm not looking for one I already have two I'm puting back together and I may have well over that in mine. Good Luck and keep us posted on it.

So it's been about five months sence we've seen this post ,Irene- crystal did you buy it or not? Just wondering.

Latest posts

Back