26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1979 Bassett Racing Star Cruiser
013_copy91_blowup.jpg

6d630b01-a5f8-4c9f-bf2c-ff24487c10a45dafb9af73ac9_lg.jpg

I'll get one someday.
Here's the 2018 version.
IMG_0857_480x480.jpeg
Star_Cruiser_Frame_Fork_480x480.jpeg

Still made in the USA, so it's priced accordingly, but still far (far far far far far far) cheaper than an original

Here is one of my favorite cantilever frames,it is a Huffy "Daisy Daisy" Tandem.I really like the way the twin tubes recurve to go from the male to female style seating position. Great flow.View attachment 130974
They also stretched it out to give the stoker some room.

My favorite riding bike is because of the laid back angles of the head and seat tubes, AMF made in the 50's and 60's:

1596069540273.png

The earlier CWCs may have the same angles, I'd have to compare them, but they weren't cantilever.

This one is Univega Landrover that started as a single speed beach cruiser from a shop in Seal Beach CaliforniaView attachment 130977
That 'vega is pretty cool, I can't seem to find any information about it. All the Landrovers I'm finding are diamond frame. Is there any indication of frame material? They were known to use some decent chromo back in the day

All my bikes are used for performance, regardless of intent. I want to be able to go wherever on my cruiser too!

*Edit: Vintage tandem is the exception!
IMG_20190925_101044188.jpg

Duck Norris is my trail bike lol

My favorite riding bike is because of the laid back angles of the head and seat tubes, AMF made in the 50's and 60's:

View attachment 131010

The earlier CWCs may have the same angles, I'd have to compare them, but they weren't cantilever.

I believe they are the same as the old CWC’s, and if not, they are very close.
67DC457C-8CC2-437D-BB7C-3D540A1158CB.jpeg
3F6C22C7-7E62-477A-B470-B8FD8DDE4071.jpeg

I like the look of the chain stays on the non canti CWC with the curve. I wonder how much extra bb drop that translates to vs the canti, and how much the feel of the bike changes because of it.

That 'vega is pretty cool, I can't seem to find any information about it. All the Landrovers I'm finding are diamond frame. Is there any indication of frame material? They were known to use some decent chromo back in the day
Yeah, I was looking for info and saw the BMX version of the Landrover. I looked but there was no frame material decal on the frame,I can see you point on the chromo though as I had a NOS BRC cantilever frame that was chromo and I made it into a 26" style BMX single speed freewheel bike and it was a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back