24" Schwinn Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find the code?

well here it is...... Clothespin"N" dropped it off at my front door the other day. May I say he was very kind to me when it came to price :wink: :mrgreen:

Man it cleaned up real nice!

Its a 24" Schwinn Speedster....mid 70s I belive....you schwinn guys post in anytime with any cool info. Not sure what its true value is but man its in real good shape for its age. I'll try and find a seat for it. I have already gave it two new tubes and a new chain. It's in too good of shape to do anything to it but some extra care here and there.

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

FW

Looks like my 63's little brother!
Emsbike063.jpg

This is the before shot in Biss-niss' kitchen.LOL. Rust was starting to take over so the original paint couldnt be saved. She's torn apart getting rebuilt.Hope to have some after shots in a few weeks.Great Score Murry! :wink:
L8 EM

I had one of these about a year ago off Fleabay. Bid on it and a Typhoon, won both of 'em. Drove down and picked 'em up. The Typhoon, after a year of riding is now apart in the trailer. The Speedster changed a bit prior to me getting an "offer I couldn't refuse" on it. The Speedster was actually in better condition than any bike I have ever owned - including my unrestored Super Sport. The "Speedsteray" was somewhat uncomfortable for me, and it sat around getting looked at more than ridden, so I let it go to a new home.

I DO like the style of these, and miss the bike (it was cool!). After it left, I went on a hunt for a camelback Varsity. I found one, so I still have that style frame, but it will not be done the same way.. more like the original Speedster look - with a twist or two.
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere
It all started like this:

Here was the end result of the Speedster:

Frames are not the same, but are close. The upper rear stays are also curved on the Manta Ray frame.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Let it go over here! I wanna do a "Speedback" like the red one!

nice! good to hear clothespin'n still around :shock: !
it looks like the serial#s on the headtube(look in the second pic of it i think i see it there,lower right of the nameplate)
if not there itll be on the left drop out

Latest posts

Back