24 inch hawthorne project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the bike I got off eBay for ten bucks. I'm thinkin' banana seat, apes, I got a 5 speed stick shift, a 24 inch mountainbike 5 speed wheelset... then I'll have a "big kid musclebike". What say y'all?
3457801531_5a074f95ea.jpg
3457801689_7e8390a9b2.jpg
Front and rear rims already don't match, so I'm not losing anything there. Anyone need a wards skiptooth rear wheel or hub? the front rim loks like a wider non-dropcenter rim, kinda like the mtb ones I have planned for it, only with some kind of molding or some thing at the edges. I'll post pics of that later. But the skiptooth stuff is up for grabs/trades anyways... Lemme know. I may even be ditching the fenders...

I could use the skiptooth stuff and the fenders when you decide to part with them. :D

Great....
Lemme know when you get things moving.
I know what you mean about having "other" projects"!

ratina wrote; how will you mount brakes on there?

just an idea but i once did a 24" schwinn dx bike like you are thinkin of doing with a 5-spd set up and i mounted a rear brake set up under the frame attaced to the brackett that would hold the front bottem of your rear fender if thats not to cofuesing ? any way it looked pretty good and actully stopped the bike ! 8)

ratina said:
Cool bike, but how will you mount brakes if you put a 5 speed on there?
I've got a welder man. I can do anything. :mrgreen: I'm not sure yet. I may weld it at the bottom so I could run with the fenders. We'll see. It'll all be posted in the build section once I start it.

BrigmasterA said:
ratina said:
Cool bike, but how will you mount brakes if you put a 5 speed on there?
I've got a welder man. I can do anything. :mrgreen: I'm not sure yet. I may weld it at the bottom so I could run with the fenders. We'll see. It'll all be posted in the build section once I start it.

8) Sweet cant wait to see what you come up with

Latest posts

Back