24" 1958 Schwinn American turned Muscle Bike!! PICS ADDED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few of my favorite pics I took of our newest addition to our collection. Its a 24 inch 1958 Schwinn American I decided to build for my Ten year old boy with a classic Muscle bike feel.. Hope you guys and gals like it :D
You can see the build here--->http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50628

ESMB2.jpg

ESMB3.jpg

ESMB1.jpg

ESMBSM3.jpg

ESMBSM2.jpg

ESMBSM1.jpg

Re: 24 Inch Schwinn American turned Muscle Bike!!

I loved the bike before, but now you have great pictures too.

Re: 24" 1951 Schwinn American turned Muscle Bike!! PICS ADDED!

nice bike 8) where did you get the racoon tail?

mikebike said:
nice bike 8) where did you get the racoon tail?
Thanks mikebike, the tail is actualy a fox tail, but Racoon are also available on this site--->http://theodorafur.com/tails/fox_tails

Peatbog said:
Nice bike--I mean really, really nice bike. Chuck Taylor's are cool too.
Peatbog said:
Where did you acquire the white banana seat with the "stitching"?
Thanks peatbog...it seems that for some reason I always find myself wearing "chucks" when riding my bikes...lol..
The banana seat is just a Lowrider brand white sparkle banana seat..http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SPARK...901?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a9477f8d I got mine at my LBS I paid $28 for it... Talk to Chimichanga I think he might be able to get them too :)

Cool bike! Got a spare frame in the shed that I didn't have a destinations for yet and I'm thinking of building something like this now :mrgreen:

Chips_Mahoy said:
Very nice!
Thanks Chips_Mahoy finally got it finished...actually..Im thinking of adding fenders so maybe not...lol..
MaXXXwell said:
Cool bike! Got a spare frame in the shed that I didn't have a destinations for yet and I'm thinking of building something like this now :mrgreen:
I say go for it, this thing is alot of fun, and I will be building another one like it for me :D

I like your clubs builds.

Do you ever ride in LA critical mass? I do nearly each month. It would be nice to have more old bikes out there.

ScurryMurray said:
I like your clubs builds.

Do you ever ride in LA critical mass? I do nearly each month. It would be nice to have more old bikes out there.
Hey thanks Scurry Muray, I have never been able to do that ride, I've heard about it and everytime I want to go something comes up :( or I just simply forget..lol..

boybluela said:
Hey thanks Scurry Muray, I have never been able to do that ride, I've heard about it and everytime I want to go something comes up :( or I just simply forget..lol..

Next one is Feb. 24. Wilshire/Western 7pm. Come and check it out! I'll be there.

Latest posts

Back