2015 WINTER BUILD-OFF FINISHED BIKES THREAD.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the thread to post your finished bikes in, please make the first picture in your post is the one you would like used for voting and the name of your bike is easy to find, if you have a riding video put it near the top and it may be included too, it doesn't hurt to add a link to your build thread so people can easily find more information on your build.

Entries close at midnight on the 1st of April. (UTC-6h Central America time, same as used for the main build-off's.

An easy way to check the current time at UTC-6 is to click here:
https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cst time

The voting order will be the order the bikes are posted here.

After the close time I will put together the voting thread with one bike pic per entry, one video per entry (if available) the name of the bike and the username of the builder, voting will last for 7 days and we will get as many votes in one go as we want. Sometimes the voting thread can take some time to put together, so please be patient! :thumbsup:

Lets keep this thread just for the finished bikes, if you want to post and say how great some bikes are, do it on the build threads please...

Luke

X.L. Higgins:
IMG_3082_zpse83376ca.jpg

IMG_3083_zps43244ca1.jpg
IMG_3084_zps477a09c9.jpg

IMG_3086_zpsb8678502.jpg

IMG_3087_zps7c67790e.jpg

The Fully Sprung Elgin

2crp.jpg

Build Thread ***** http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/wbo-fully-sprung-elgin-tested-finished
EA8.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG

EA4.JPG

EA9.JPG

Elgh.JPG

Frame-Elgin, late 1920's-30's
Fork/Headset-Roadmaster, late 1940's..?
Hubs- R, 70's Sachs Dreigang 515 3-spd planetary w/coaster.
F, 1940's Prewar Union Drum, Germany.
Rims-Ukai 26x2.125 HE. Japan, 1976-ish.
Tires-Bontrager Hank 2.35-new.
Crankset-Schwinn 1930's sprocket/arms mixed w/Schwinn Germany Bearings.
Chain-NOS Diamond 1" pitch.
Pedals-Schwinn 1940's.
Stem/Bars-1930's Shelby Flyer.
Saddle-Prewar-style custom rat sprung. 1940's parts.
40 Pounds even.
1.JPG

The Video clip!
http://vid1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/silverkingpc/Elgbin21/MVI_3561_zpsrobuhglr.mp4

Last edited:
Mod trials reasonable facsimile thereof replica made from junk. I was going to throw this stuff away but decided to try and build something from my junk trailer. Diacomp front and Wenimann rear brakes. Cable housings spray painted silver to match each other, rusty stem cleaned and painted black, one missing pedal dust cover replaced with silver painted nylon 3 piece crank dust cover, decals removed form Huffy frame, ripped seat patched, frame mods include shortened head tube and cut off seat post tube and 30 tooth front chain wheel pirated from a 24 inch mountain bike tripple crank. The gear ratio and frame geometry are close to a real mod trials bike. I had five 20 inch frame candidates in my junk tailer, including two of these blue Huffy's, and the Huffy's had the closest geometry to the real thing. I started out with one 20 inch frame in my junk trailer at camp and unidentified donors kept throwing in more junk bikes: yeah. It may be a reasonable looking facsimile but it weighs a ton, several pounds more than my entry level road bike. I have to confess that I did break my no purchase rule for this build. All I had were very rusty steel wheels. I found a set of light alloy BMX wheels with blue hubs on Ebay for a total cost of $35.32. It seemed like fate, especially with the matching blue hubs.

Last edited:
"Slightly Dangerous"

slightly%20dangerous%20train%203_zps8esqeaji.jpg

is my "Bomber" build for winter 2015. Also my first build off bike. Bought from a neighbor along with a group of 7 other bikes, it started life as a FS Elite classic Chinese bike of unknown vintage.
Build up thread here:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...lightly-dangerous-bomber-finished-3-16.89180/
Some local sights serve as backdrop to the build bike.
slightly%20dangerous%20train%202_zps1yx05f4k.jpg

Railroad track and building sits idle, been a decade since a train rolled thru here regularly.

slightly%20dangerous%20train%201_zps1kif4x8p.jpg

Changed front sprocket from 44 teeth to 32 teeth - gearing is perfect for road and mild off-road use.

slightly%20dangerous%20post%20office%201_zps1boukf8j.jpg

The added rear rack serves the purpose of retrieving the mail, as the good old USPS does not deliver to our farm.
slightly%20dangerous%20old%20school%201_zps8g98s1p4.jpg

Elementary school has been abandoned kids are bussed to town 10+ miles away.
slightly%20dangerous%20old%20school%204_zpskroncxgp.jpg

slightly%20dangerous%20old%20school%203_zpsalonw0we.jpg

Used to be the school playground here, couple of years ago they pulled all the equipment out and sold it for scrap.
WBO2015Bomber001_zps5c438843.jpg

It's been great to turn this "heap"
slightly%20dangerous%20done%20007_zpsuuzyxwgo.jpg

Into a fun rider. :)

63' Schwinn Typhoon, modern rims, laced the orig Bendix rear hub into the newer rim (a first for me) fenders are from a 36' Hawthorne, the seat was on that Hawthorne too but it's not original, and the triple tree is from Fito. I finally decided on the wide aftermarket handlebars with black Schwinn grips, and a modded Dietz head light bucket with dual LEDs and internal batteries. I went for that WWII motorbike look and at some future point this bike will get a motor. If I can get the 4 stroker I want, it may get a sidecar too, but for now, my 2015 WBO entry...
SGT. ROCK

before...

Carl.

Last edited:
1910 Indian Board Track - Has been a dream of mine to build this bike,and now it has come true.With the help/advice from some great builders.I feel I have come a long way from when I first started,and it all comes from being part of Rat Rod Bikes.

The build Thread:-

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/wbo2015-1910-indian-board-track-completed.89167/
DSCN4337.JPG

DSCN4283.JPG
DSCN4250.JPG

DSCN4357.JPG

DSCN4318.JPG

As far as I had taken the bike 2 years ago & left it in storage,now I know why!!!
DSCN3631.JPG
The original frame.
03072012316.jpg
The vid.

Thank you everyone.
See you all in the summer build-off, 1 month to go.:grin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back