2013 FELT BURNER 29er - GOOFY VIDEO ADDED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Dan Koenig at Ichi Bike in Des Moines, Iowa sent me this Felt Burner 29 today and thought I'd post a few photos. There really isn't much out there to show you what the bike looks like in person so I thought I post a few. As with most Felt bikes the quality is pretty nice.

This is an aluminum framed 29er with some decent components including a Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickback coaster hub.

After assembly I took it out for a test run and it rides very nice. The geometry is good and the gearing seems to be just about right for cruising. I'm 5'9" tall and rode it with the seat in the position you see in the photo below.

Overall a very cool bike. My only complaints are that the chainring looks pretty cheap and the bike comes with a clamp on kickstand that scratches up the powder coating. Also, they cheaped out and didn't give you a sealed BB even though the headset is sealed. I'll probably swap out the BB with a sealed unit eventually and maybe change the pedals too.

Despite those few minor issues, it's a very fun, uncomplicated bike to cruise around on.

5pvm.jpg

9poi.jpg

stzb.jpg

kzr6.jpg

Re: 2013 FELT BURNER 29er

Some nice platforms. A real brooks saddle and grips and that bike is bad .... Maybe a 7 speed rear though so you can ride through town a little better if you have hills. I'm going to look into that bike right now...................

I have a '12 Quadangle 29 and a '12 big ripper. The 29" bmx are a blast to cruise

I will say that the red in the photos is a bit brighter than what the color really is.

It's a little more maroon....not quite as cherry red looking.

MAN...I am feeling down right ambivalent on this one. I applaud their departure from the norm. But.... I will ay however I LOVE the Comp II tread on the tires. I'd scoop some 26's of those up for my new school OM if I could!

Not sure why, but I will say that the bike is a bit more impressive when seen in person.

Maybe it's the size of the bike....hard to tell in the photos I guess.

this bike looks sweet!!!1
i need one i my stable my genesis cruiser bit the dust and felt makes a pretty sweet bike
how much are they going for?
bike looks sweet
Sean

Why do you need a sealed BB? You're never going to get it in any dirt or water... :lol:

Wish the frame were bigger...

It's definitely not a huge frame. The standover height is about 30.5".

Here's a quick shot I took with it near my Cruiser 7....it's hard to tell here, but the Felt is longer.

mthe.jpg

Latest posts

Back