2009 GT Peace 9R SSer - Update w/short vids

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been seeing alot more SSers on trails lately and GT discontinued the Peace this year(brought back the Karakoram) so these are getting blown out on Nashbar especially with the coupon code, couldn't resist the deal. Gearing is too high for mountain biking around here so need to address that. Box `o bike arrived, half hour later it's a bike.

Couple of crappy phone pic, almost olive drab but a little too light, nice mtb color though

gt_start.jpg

gt_done-1.jpg

Re: 2009 GT Peace 9R SSer

chimichanga said:
I'm really digging that bike!

Brought it in to work on Monday, boss was digging it also but he snoozed on the deal when I told him, no more green in the pipe at Nashbar, may have some small 3-tone blues. Use coupon code OUTMAR to get another 10% off. Too bad Performance bought Nashbar as they now charge sales tax.

Re: 2009 GT Peace 9R SSer -Better Pics

Took it out for the first MTB ride yesterday at my lunchtime spot after re-gearing to a 22t cog in back which required a half-link chain to do also allowed shortening the effective chainstay length by 1/4", couldn't have done the 22t at all with a regular full link chain. Didn't get the axle nut quite tight enough so a little slippage and slack in the chain after a couple of steep hills(added a set screw to help out in the tapped hole provided). Gonna have to learn to ride a bit differently and there will be hike-a-bikes. The paint is not very durable only complaint so far.

A little bit of humor from the factory using the anarchy symbol for an "A" in peace.
img1675wf.jpg

img1674n.jpg

img1676ac.jpg

I've probably easily put a couple of hundred trail miles on this bike since last posting, and it's probably one of the most fun bikes I've ever owned something I wasn't expecting with a singlespeed. Anyway took a few short vids on the Noble Canyon trail out in the Laguna mountains locally over Memorial Day weekend, kept forgetting I had the cam on til near the end when I was spent after 15 miles or so of 18 and towards the end almost 100 degrees. Not even sure the more technical sections would've been watchable, but the flowy sections at the top would've been nice to capture.

Some exposure in spots, not too bad though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBbcAtfQqgQ&feature=relmfu

Chose unwisely on a sudden line change at the end of this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm-tOT85sCs&feature=relmfu

Latest posts

Back