2004 stingray crank question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi im new to the site and love the bikes on here but i have a dilema
im thinking of buy this crankset to put on my mtb frame to convert to singlespeed
does anyone have any pics of the rear of the chainwheel and is the chainwheel removable from the cranks?
and has anyone fitted these cranks to anything else other than a cruiser?
cheers spesh.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

The sprocket is not removable from the crank arm as it is pressed on. These are the best photos that I have of the back side of the crank hope it helps.
RRBBO4033.jpg

RRBBO4050.jpg

deorman said:
What happens at the hub on that? :) :?

not sure how that one was done...
but i think you could use a track hub(freewheel thread on both sides)
then using two 16 or 18 bmx freewheels(both the same size)
spin the right side on as normal...
the left side might be a little more tricky...
spin it on backwards...
so they both freewheel the same direction...
the left side would be more decoration...
since it would trying to spin it's self off the hub...

ponytailmike
mike

Spesh, you can use those cranks on pretty much anything, as long as you find a bottom bracket and spindle that fits the bike and the crank arms. It looks like they are a pretty standard square taper, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. I know you can pick up a square taper spindle and american bottom bracket from danscomp.com that has sealed bearings and will ride pretty nice. Just find what kind of bottom bracket the frame you want to build needs and see if you can find a cheap one that will work. If you're using an older frame, you're probably going to be looking at an american or a european style. European is smaller, and screws into the frame. American is larger and the bearings press in.

Latest posts

Back