#2 (burrito)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's burrito fever! Everyone' s doing it! Okay, not too many but I do know another dude buildin' one. So after 3 hours of hacking and mesuring and ploting, here's what i've got.
002-9-1.jpg

It's a mess :D I don't care too much about using MTB rims but "24 coasters are not-exsistant 'round these parts. But that's the point of rat bikes right? Use what ya got :D

Looks cool. I am planning to build one of these burritos in the future but I need to finish my other bike builds first.

hate to be a buzz kill, but i think your burrito is gonna take a foot ball field to turn around. :) that front wheel is gonna flop like a dead fish instead of turning the bike

when i built this burrito i ran into the same problem
IMG_1290-1.jpg

after it was welded together i realized the bike wouldn't turn (a quick lesson in rake and trail.lol)
Burrito2-During014-1.jpg

i changed the rake but didn't have enough room with the a 26" rim.
i ended up having to drop to a 20" front tire and build a custom fork to save myself from re-designing the frame again.
IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

it still takes 2 lanes of traffic to turn around. :)

wheelbase isn't overly important, but ya do want to get the right distance between your seat and pedals, so ya dont eat your knee caps.

good luck with the build, its looking good!

Granth, I have the wheel base around 84", give or take a weld! I don't think that matters as much as how you'll sit and were your hands and feet will be when it's time to ride. I've got a seat post that will get welded on last so I'll be in "the zone" and comffy :D I'll post more pics so if I blunder it, you can see how not to :!: icyuod2, no buzz kill here, I built one for a friend last year (this is #2 :lol: ) and it too was a wide turner. There's pics of it on a thread, "Burritos, lets see um". I still might move mine around to get the rack and still turn some what :roll: I'm also considering a 24" wheel up front too. Fabbin' stuff is fun fun fun :!:

icyoud2,

Dude, STOP IT!!! I was laughing so hard my boss was giving me funny looks wondering what was so funny in my cubicle! Good thing I wasn't drinking soda or milk 'cus it would have been coming through my nose and would have ruined my keyboard!

Good looking bike though, just straighten up that stem and it'll turn like a mobster rat!

Mike

mmbackpacker said:
icyoud2,

Dude, STOP IT!!! I was laughing so hard my boss was giving me funny looks wondering what was so funny in my cubicle! Good thing I wasn't drinking soda or milk 'cus it would have been coming through my nose and would have ruined my keyboard!

Good looking bike though, just straighten up that stem and it'll turn like a mobster rat!

Mike

stop what?????

hey i got one for ya. this is(or was) a schwinn girls bike.still not done, need to reinforce the frame, get different wheels, and get a smaller crank. planning on repainting it the orginal campus green. oh and frenders too. and change the handlears abit too. :mrgreen:
DSCN5509.jpg

DSCN5510.jpg

Those are sweet :D There's a "Official Burrito let's see 'em" thread for these, post them over there too. Outlaw was sayin' c'mon guy's, post some more :!: I did get the bottom tacked up friday and the front wheel turns good, to dark for pics though. Gotta mow for the last time tommorow, hope there's time to get the top bar tacked on!

well lets see. got to finnish my gasser/drag bike, redo my Superbee from a B/T to a road bike, hopfully tear my klunker down an redo for the b/o if we have one an finnish up my 20" burrito. then finnish up my other 2 burritos an finnish my hotrod an i could go on an on of what i need to do. but ya all get the picture, so lets see some more burrito builds, oh i know ya all want to do a burrito b/o real soon. ok i am in.lol

Outlaw 8)

Whoa! Hold off on the Buritto B/O talk! At least let me finish this one first :lol: Got some more parts tacked on...
003-10.jpg

001-7.jpg

I've mocked up the BB and handlebars to see how I'll sit and how everything works together. I'm gonna drop the crank in and streeeech some chain on to be sure it's all fittin' good :)

Hit the wrong button so here's more...
019.jpg

018.jpg

It mesures 9' 5" and turns realy good. I'm 6' 3" and no one else can reach the handle bars, built in anti-theft system! This is just the start too, new forks are next. But now I'm going for a ride! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back