1st Fixed Gear "Dudley"-Schwinn Traveler-Still No sale.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm actually not a fan of fixed gear bikes, But i figured I would make more money with this bike if I fixxed it.

I'm not really sure what to ask for it, but Hopefully over $75. Its far from the best bike i've built. Its not superior to those i've seen built before either...
3716a3ca.jpg

a2933bb8.jpg

713e3771.jpg

599b222a.jpg

6ac2fc79.jpg

15ac4296.jpg

f7dc7acc.jpg

0984a434.jpg

Re: 1st Fixed Gear "Dudley"-Schwinn Traveler-Help me Price it?

I don't know about pricing it, but it's a clean build.

What would a standard single speed go for in your area? I'd price it 10% higher because fixies are 'in' right now.

Honestly, outside of bike couriers, I never really got the whole fixie thing, why not run a freewheel or coaster hub? 'Braking' by 'backpedaling' just seems difficult/painful/stupid to me. Can you even coast? Again, I just don't get it.

But, I say, give the people want they want (and make some $$$ off them while you do it! :mrgreen: )

Good luck in your sale.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank!

I Honestly cannot stand fixies. I know they're popular. The common one being sold right now is about $250-400. Those are either brand new or restored.

Think I could get away with $95-$100?

I really like converting them and selling them. That came out nice. You will probably get what you're looking for.

I finished this old Univega last night and am hoping to get $125 for it.

5863336781_738fca7722_b.jpg

I commuted on them for two years before my company moved. They're fun, and made me really strong. The two summers I commuted on them, I noticed the increase in strength when I trained on my road bikes; I wasn't downshifting as much, and pushing harder gears up hills. But for the record, I don't ride fixed, I ride single speed freewheels.

I think that chain'll be fine the length it is.

Re: 1st Fixed Gear "Dudley"-Schwinn Traveler-No interest...

Dunno, maybe there isn't many girls looking for a fixie (or would that make it a 'trixie' :mrgreen:) Do you plan on posting it on eBay?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Dunno, maybe there isn't many girls looking for a fixie (or would that make it a 'trixie' :mrgreen:) Do you plan on posting it on eBay?

Cheers,
Dr. T
If i get absolutly no interest, Yes. Well, no interest by this coming weekend, its up.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I'm receiving absolutly no interest in this bike. Is there something wrong?

The only thing that would be a minus on your bike are the wheels, steel wheels are not that desirable to fixed gear riders, it's a weight issue, if they were alloy it would probably be sold.

rachelbee73 said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
I'm receiving absolutly no interest in this bike. Is there something wrong?

The only thing that would be a minus on your bike are the wheels, steel wheels are not that desirable to fixed gear riders, it's a weight issue, if they were alloy it would probably be sold.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. i've got it down to $75. Absolutly nothing.

If you are not getting any interest the way it sits, tear it down give it a funky colored rattle can job, put it back together then take it to a college you are close to, here in GR the college kids love em the funkier the better.

same here, No interest in mine either. I'm going to gank the brand new tires off it to build another SS for myself to keep, and then see if it sells with old tires at $75

if not, I'll wait until September when school starts and it'll probably sell then.

Im hoping you still happen to have this bike sitting around. very interested and am in the area. I PM'd you and sent an email so please let me know! Thanks

Latest posts

Back