1HP ELGIN ''UndeadCustom'' FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like your stem for a seat post. I have not seen someone convert the clamp to work in that manner.

I really like your stem for a seat post. I have not seen someone convert the clamp to work in that manner.
Thanks! rly? i saw someone use a stem in the past on this site, but when it was time to do it , i could not find the thread ... thought this was how the guys made it, so simple (except for the reducing the diameter part):whew:

the cylender inside the stem have to be alluminum , tighting it hard will stamp the little grooves of the clamp it , also have to use a standard bolt thought that ;)

Last edited:
Many things going on for the bike :nod:

-still trying to find a welder that won't rip me off :oops:

-Getting the tires in 2days :D

-Started to make a faux tank , i shaped the foam ,fiberglass soon!

-Still not sure the tires will fit in there so i have a "plan-B" make rear bolt-on drop-outs extensions to drop and make the frame longer by about 2 inchs and giving me more clearance in the chain stays... design is very esthetic , but i rather not alter the look of the original frame , and its allot of work;)

-planing a custom springer fork:rockout: since i cant find any true vintage ones around here

-rebuilding a Bendix RB-2 hub
Bendix%20RB2%201red%20band%20coaster%20brake%20hub_zpsjx55vpxq.jpg

Pics soon

Got the frame welded by a great guy i met "another bike freak like me and you" :thumbsup:
Got the tire:D
got the Bendix hub rebuilt but the bearing races are bad and it won't work fine:(

DSCN6132_zps3uwxgwl2.jpg

that droping rear plate/dropouts design have to be updated a bit still ... and yes you can laught at my misshap with the iron on the floor:giggle: not that this floor is a big loss ether,it has seen better days
DSCN6137_zps7atwykzw.jpg

DSCN6134_zpskmklvnsq.jpg

Soooo Tight !!!!!:eek::43::cool: but thats exactly how i wanted it , so glad it actually fits that perfectly
Found out these are actually "Street-Hogs" tires 26x3"
DSCN6128_zpshmpowste.jpg

DSCN6127_zpshjbjlhtj.jpg

DSCN6124_zpszgvwqdz6.jpg

DSCN6126_zps00fbh2d2.jpg

the tank:rolleyes: fiberglassing this weekend "hopefully"

Did not have much time to work on the bike the 2 last weeks since i started a new job , but still coupple things done and in progress

seat post from a 5/8" solid stainless rod and a aluminum shim for the frame and a steal one for the seat clamp
DSCN6148_zps9rjdjk3i.jpg

Make the dropouts extentions plates ... made in 1/8" steal ... also added some kind of retainer plates on the back sides to prevent the original dropout form splitting appart and also help keeping everything tight and strong .. found these small chrome mirror hooks and used them on the bottom bolts
DSCN6146_zpslz9cgxub.jpg

DSCN6145_zpswv8ajif8.jpg

chain is parallel to the chain stay:thumbsup:
DSCN6143_zpsikwyqaho.jpg

DSCN6144_zpssmttskoi.jpg

a better view at the final clearance
DSCN6142_zpssrd7zqhr.jpg

Also got a 700c fork that looks better and offer more hight clearance
Had to spread it allllot to give me some place , because it will used to make a springer fork:cool:
DSCN6141_zps6lcxglty.jpg

And i started the fiberglass on the tanks , not a real nice job , but it give me a good strong base to finish it with fiber bondo ... still unsure how i will attach them together on the frame tho
DSCN6149_zps9mhqqooo.jpg

DSCN6150_zpsxku2tbhv.jpg

DSCN6151_zpsilj0dymr.jpg

still allot to do before these are done , the bike is back as a roller so no stress:)

Last edited:
Ton of cool ideas going into this build!!!!
What is the cog you have on the non-drive side of the cranks?
Seat looks great on the bike.
Tires are fitting nicely
Great drops
Cool glass tank halves
Keep building my friend!!!!!
Digging this build!

Ton of cool ideas going into this build!!!!
What is the cog you have on the non-drive side of the cranks?
Seat looks great on the bike.
Tires are fitting nicely
Great drops
Cool glass tank halves
Keep building my friend!!!!!
Digging this build!

Thank's King ! the cog is just for the looks , also did this on my brother's Ross

Last edited:
Some good work and cool ideas happening here 1HP! I love how you always think outside the box and are willing to give it a try!

Luke.
Thanks luke , i appreciate that compliment :happy:

Mudding begins !

taped the 2 halfs in place , then first coat making sure everything is equal and well sealed aroud the perimeter
DSCN6153_zpse9xbj2mq.jpg

then removed the tape and fill the remaining parts and smoothing it u a little more
DSCN6154_zpsjlobrgau.jpg

also bought 3/8" steel rods and a stainless "loop/anchor bolt" with 1"inside diameter to start making a fork
the anchor bolt will be bent 90*
here is what i hope to build if i can find a leafspring
Elgin%20Leaf%20Fork_zpsasrvmobd.jpg

Awesome concept!

Looks like the spring will be pulled down when you hit a bump?
If that is the case, you will want the second "helper" spring under the main leaf, not on top...

Luke.

Awesome concept!

Looks like the spring will be pulled down when you hit a bump?
If that is the case, you will want the second "helper" spring under the main leaf, not on top...

Luke.
true !!! thanks for mentioning this!:praise: altho i kind of like the look of seeing both leafs , i might end up bolting them together to use it this way ... and in fact i might not even need to , cause its all resting on the fork horizontal rod under the leafs , ill see when i get there

So , after first coat of fiber bondo ,
sanding and triming the inside edges,
seccond coat to even it a bit more,
sanding and a coat of bodyfiller ,
sanding and primer,
sanding and primer,
bodyfiller in the tiny inperfections ,
sanding and primer,
sanding and primer,
and primer again , this is then result :whew::smug::113:
DSCN6155_zpspuomjyne.jpg

sound like a long process , but everything dry fast , so it was done in about 3h total in 2 days , few min here and there .... now the brainstrorming begins to find a good way to stealth mount the tank , fixed on one side and easily removable form the other for storage inside :39:

Last edited:
no progress , just showing how the tank fits :)
still bending my mind to find the best way to mount it and witch fork design to build :39:
DSCN6157_zpsdzfbcxnd.jpg
DSCN6158_zps3ewfiz6h.jpg
Tanktail%20finish_zpsokf57313.jpg
DSCN6164_zpspdvlm8ef.jpg

Latest posts

Back