1988 Marin Palisades Trail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A CL score for $40 that sat in a shed for a few years, waiting to be adopted. Modded for my friend Scooty because wanted a bike so he could ride with his son. It was pretty crusty, but I knew that paint was going to pop again. Better than any entry level bicycle on the market the past 20 years, Tange MTB steel framesets are still rock and roll machines, if one lets them be.
Marin.jpg

Yup, if it has a Tange sticker, I'll consider it. Covid kept this one from me last month
ad_0_1585922575760.jpg

Infinity tubing, STX RC, seller pulled the ad before I could contact them.

Yup, if it has a Tange sticker, I'll consider it. Covid kept this one from me last month
View attachment 117781
Infinity tubing, STX RC, seller pulled the ad before I could contact them.
The Tassajara I'm finishing is 1 x 8 STX RC, pod trigger/rear derailleur. Solid gear, still.

I've had the pre-RC STX rear on my Hardrock since 96 or 7, hadn't ever given me a problem until last year, and the problem then (and now) is the shifter. STX is what I'm about; durable, functional, good looking, nowhere near as flashy as XTR. If I were concerned with a few extra grams on the bike, I'd look at the rider first.

Latest posts

Back