• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1982 Schwinn sidewinder chrome tube forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awhile back I was looking for an OG paint red pair of these for for one of my bikes. I bought these in the meantime. Well, I have found the red ones I needed and I’m going to sell these. They are nice and straight with straight axle mounts. The threads up top are perfect and they have a nice date stamp. They need a good thorough cleaning with steel wool to get any light surface rust off, but the chrome is nice and shiny. Price is now $65 shipped in the lower 48. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

F03EEADE-91DF-42FC-9BB3-57E8EAA2A282.jpeg

288518A6-E43C-474B-ABBD-AF52451B0B55.jpeg

693F8C3B-7F20-493F-B5DE-517615B45D3C.jpeg

AA237DA5-E7FE-43EF-8BBF-B3D3B0D9F047.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m interested, and would like to know if the steer tube has been cut or is it the stock length? Are the bottom plugs still in place?
Thanks, Dan

Awhile back I was looking for an OG paint red pair of these for for one of my bikes. I bought these in the meantime. Well, I have found the red ones I needed and I’m going to sell these. They are nice and straight with straight axle mounts. The threads up top are perfect and they have a nice date stamp. They need a good thorough cleaning with steel wool to get any light surface rust off, but the chrome is nice and shiny. Price is now $65 shipped in the lower 48. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

View attachment 65443
View attachment 65440
View attachment 65442
View attachment 65441

I’m interested, and would like to know if the steer tube has been cut or is it the stock length? Are the bottom plugs still in place?
Thanks, Dan
Steer tube is still stock length and has not been cut and threads are perfect. Also, both of the little chrome lower fork bottom plugs are still in place. Let me know if interested. Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back