1980 Schwinn "Midnight Marauder"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
34j6ih2.jpg

I've had this frame since...oh well...like highschool. Originally bought the complete bike at a swapmeet for $60. Original color was red metallic. It was painted black when I bought it. For the full story check the "Intros" forum under "I love bikes" I had it sandblasted like 4 years ago and it's been sitting under the bed.
I decided that a midnight blue metallic was what I wanted. I have a friend who powdercoats dunebuggy frames and asked him if he would let me paint it myself at his shop. He assisted me because I'm apparently dangerous around powdercoating equipment. I tried the first time alone and really did an interesting job...so we re-sandblasted and the second time came out pretty nice. I had bought a re-issue Phantom tank a few years back when they were still available and....Voila:
2i95miq.jpg

23mn6uw.jpg

more to come......

I may not make the deadline because I will be out of the country for a little while....but nonetheless I will post the finished bike in the "bike builds forum"

peace

Latest posts

Back