• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1979 Schwinn Hurricane 5 speed stingray project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Here is a great project or parts bike. It's a July of 79 Schwinn hurricane 5 speed. It's a little rough around the edges but fairly complete. The main thing I thonk is wrong are the wheels. They are not the right ones for the bike, although the rear hub looks like the right one? Shifter is correct, but is missing the mounting brackets and cover. Someone seems to have added an inner front sprocket? Seat seems to have a wider flat pan inserted under the cover to make it more comfy for a bigger rider. Should be an easy fix. It's a bit rough, but they are getting harder to find. There's a lot of good stuff here. At the end of the day, it's a 5 speed stingray frame and fork with hand brakes. I will part of out in a few days if it doesn't sell whole. But I'd prefer to sell it complete. Price is $280 shipped. Let me know if you and any questions or want more info. Thank you, Danny

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5299.JPG

IMG_5300.JPG

Latest posts

Back