1978 Team Rampar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found this at a bike swap meet yesterday, I believe it to by a BMX products built team Rampar. Serial number says it chromoly and built in Chatsworth CA, USA. Got home and the wife says unless I prefer sleeping with bike I had to let it go. It was like when your a kid and you find a dog then your mom says NO. Well long story short I had to put it up on the bay. I am sure I will make my money back, I understand they are valuable but there have been none sold on ebay or at the Museum which makes me suspect that its very rare. I am sure I will know what its worth when the auction is over but it might be fun to guess what it sells for.

WP_000210_zps355fcb61.jpg

435b8ffd-392c-4d6a-a619-7d444af3810a_zpsc0afdbdf.jpg

I have no idea what it is worth, I am thinking I will let the market set the price as I already have low bids on ebay. I might trade for a old balloon tire bike but I am not sure how I feel about ending an auction that has bids to trade... I got it so cheap I am ashamed to say. The conversation was like this Guy one, "what kind of bike is this" before anyone could answer him, I said "is this what you are asking for it?" followed quickly by a "I will take it" No answer to guy ones question as I was putting it in my car... Any guesses to what it will sell for? I bet its in the several hundred range, bmx guys like to pay for rare bikes, but I really have no idea. Maybe it will sell for the $27 bid that is on it now but there are 30 people watching it and several people try to get me to set a buy it now price so I doubt that it stays at that.

Yeah...you'll get some interested folks since you posted it on the Museum.

It will be fun to see how crazy things get with it. :wink:

Im sure your wife is a fan of your bike hobby now that it sold for that much :wink: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back