1977 Nishiki Session

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post, so thank you for the welcome! A kind neighbor gave me a 1977 Nishiki that her son owned, in hopes it would get ridden again. This bike has been in storage since 1990, so it really needs some love. My plan is to turn it into a gravel-grinder, with MTB cranks, and bars.
Still plenty to do, but more pictures will be up soon as I have finally secured all the parts I need to finish.

The frame back from New Image Powder Coating - Satin Black

Lug detail complete

The MTB cranks off a Giant Revel II

With a little elbow grease, the face of the cranks shine brilliantly!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments, and I finally have the bike all together and ready for a shake-down ride this weekend. This is my first resto, and I have been bitten by the bug!

I went back and cleaned up the original chainstay protector, added the chrome cable housings, and installed the brakes. I can't seem to capture the chrome in pictures well, so this weekend I am going to try early morning and late afternoon sunlight instead of noon time.

Cool bike. What rims/tires are those? Looks like you found some cool knobbies in the 27" size, and mounted them on the stock wheelset?

Latest posts

Back