1969 Schwinn Fastback find... and did not buy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I went to a couple of local flea markets today looking for items for the BOEleven build and spied this gem. Seller says it's all original and he is asking $600 for it. Looks good and that seems to be a very reasonable price, but I had to pass. Anyone here in the area may want to try and scoop it up. It was at the Columbus Farmers Market in Columbus, NJ. www.columbusfarmersmarket.com
20160410_121715.jpeg

Looks clean but the bars and shifter are from a later bike. Not '69. Fenders, pedals and sissy are incorrect for any Fastback. Not a great price for a non-original bike IMO.

That bike is worth six bills easy and if you could get it for four, it would be a steal! People are paying crazy money for these Schwinn Fastbacks. This bike is about 80% original. I would buy it in a minute if I were close by.

Agree with others here - overpriced about double. Lot of mismatched pieces, strange fenders I've never seen before, 70+ bars, latemodel 'safety end' brake levers, wrong pedals,troxel or aftermarket sissy. Looks to be either a small tear in seat or something on ground behind it in the pic, hard to make out. the seat, if nice, is near 100.
Someone wanting a rider could grab this one for a few hundred less and be good, for an 'all original' be patient and keep looking. I only paid 350 for my 9 out of 10, one owner 67 Ramshorn.. they're out there folks.

They are selling super high on ebay if you check sold listings.

Last bike show I was at had some nice ones you could get for 2-3 hundered.

That bike looks like it could be a '74 with a shifter added. Front fender and bars would be right for a '74. Would be much more complete as that than as a '69. I think saftey end levers are correct for a '69. I hope they are. That's what I put on mine after checking it. That's a speedster fender I think on the back. Front fender is '74 Fastback.

Nice looking bike. I certainly wouldn't critique it if someone had bought it but it's fun to share whatever muscle bike minutia I posses the knowledge of.

Last edited:
They are selling super high on Ebay if you check sold listings.

You are 100% right my friend. My buddy gas a nice Schwinn Muscle bike collection which include a 1967 and 1971 5-Speed Fastbacks. He is trying to get all of his bikes back to original hardware. To give you an idea of how crazy the prices are on Ebay, he paid $ 40 for some NOS streamers which originally sold for 25 cents and a little over $ 200 for an NOS seat.

That is why I believe the asking price is not that far off.

Latest posts

Back