1969 FAT TIRE WESTERN FLYER "Buzz-Bike" ELIMINATOR 3.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could this be the first Fat Tire Muscle Bike ???

Anyways... "Here It Is"

I combined my `69 'Eliminator' with a vintage `70's Columbia 'Pink Lady'. I know LoL ! At least I recovered the seat with Orion Silver Glitter Vinyl. Then, I installed a Triple Tree Fork cut down to 24" and added a pair of 3.0 Kenda Flame Tires from a Jesse James West Coast Chopper. I had to elongate the rear axle slot about 2" to do it. Not because it's mine but, because I wanted to... "This was my first Bicycle" And, I've been trying for 10 years to build it so I can ride it. With my 6 foot 300 pound self. Well... It worked ! And, "I've been riding it all day". The rear tire has to be deflated to be installed. But, It don't rub at all. (sorry about the dirt my garden hose is frozen) I'll post some better pics when it warms up... See Ya !

Last edited:
"Thanks Once Again Luke"

That bike is sick! I'm loving it. Is that actually your first bike, or was your first bike a '69 Eliminator, and you got thi one to relive your youth? Either way, that's really awesome. I think my first bike was a Peugeot bmx bike... it's hard for me to remember, but it was definitely a low-buck 20" bmx from WBITD

That bike is sick! I'm loving it. Is that actually your first bike, or was your first bike a '69 Eliminator, and you got thi one to relive your youth? Either way, that's really awesome. I think my first bike was a Peugeot bmx bike... it's hard for me to remember, but it was definitely a low-buck 20" bmx from WBITD

My first bike was an Eliminator, but it was stolen out front of K-Mart in Marlow Heights Maryland. My entire family moved to Danville Virginia. Then, about 10 years ago I found it at the Goodwill in Danville. It was the exact same Bicycle. I know from the touched up paint.

"I think it was an inside job" I will never repaint it...

good looking bike ! I put that same tire on my aerobee a couple of years ago when I restored it someone said it couldn't be done with a 5-speed I had to side space the crank so the chain wouldn't rub the tire. you can see a picture of if in show me your AMF'S

Awesome story...

My grandmother told me that I was too young to ride to K-Mart from Hillcrest Heights. But, It was a school holiday & I was bored... So, I decided to go buy a car or monster model to build. She said someone would steal it. Her having to be always right. More than likely called my stepfather to follow me & snatch it to teach me a lesson. I was only in the store for 10 minutes. And, it had to be lifted up over top of a no parking sign. It was a very expensive lesson on her part. Because that's how I got my first Yamaha Moto-Bike lol ! But, I digress... I think that my stepfather gave it to my half sister. Then, years later she tried to fix it up for her daughter in Danville. When I spotted it upon entering Goodwill all the way across the store. It had a new white bmx seat & new white 1.50 bmx tires. The rear tire not being able to stay on the 2.125 rear rim. So she gave it to Goodwill. Everything else was intact.

It's hard for me to believe also. My life is a soap opera

Here's what my Eliminator looked like at the time that it was stolen. Also, right before I recently decided to restyle it to suit my riding preferences.

"I still have all of the parts & I can rebuild it at any time"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back