1967 Schwinn DeLuxe Collegiate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Bought this one on Ebay. Unfortunately the whitewalls are impossible to find for this rim. Full cleaning, detail and overhaul including brakes, cables, tires/tubes, fenders, and air pump. Also re-wired the light system and added some fancy do-dads. :mrgreen:

BEFORE (Ebay Photo)

before.jpg

AFTER

100_1710.jpg

100_1705.jpg

Yes...I'm working on that Robin Hood for my wife now.

Decided to stick with the factory rims and get some 26x1 3/8 white walls. Got a white seat today and I'll have to throw on a wooden basket up front for grins. I think the basket is what sealin' the deal...LOL!

100_2624.jpg

Hey there, sorry to revive a long dead post. I just happened to stumble upon this after searching for some information on a bike that I own.

I haven't been too successful at finding out information on my bike except that it is a Schwinn Collegiate Deluxe with a working generator light system and looks identical to the one that you have pictured except that it is a light blue. This bike has proven to be extremely durable in the time I have had it (commuting to and from school, casual cruising, hill climbing, off road mountain bike hills - wasn't smart on my part for that one.) I love riding this bike and would like to know more about it.

If you don't mind me asking, how can I find out the tire size and year on my particular bike? I bought it at a flea market almost two years ago and it came pretty much complete (original brake pads and whitewall tires are in decent shape - Tires are original schwinn made and are slick with no tread. I have had some nasty falls on some fast turns - will change pads and tires as soon as I know what size the tires are) except for the rear fender reflector (there is a spot for one) and the pump doesn't work (any idea how to fix this?). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, what is the best way to polish chrome? I have used fine steel wool and chrome polish on past bikes but would like to know how you got the chrome to look so good on your bike. Thanks

I was online searching for any information on our 1967 Schwinn DeLuxe Collegiate Women's 5speed that we have and noticed you had purchased a Men's from Ebay. I am very eager in selling my Women bike if you are interested. I can send you a photo if you'd like, it is in very good shape.
Thanks Nicole~

I don't know who this is but their linky brought me here to see a bike for sale, Admin, you move down here in sunny Floriduh???? Maybe I got to much sun but here's the linky back: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/bik/3818027491.html

I texted the person for a picture and they replied it already sold.....

Latest posts

Back