1967 Ross Barracuda - Class 1, Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20170502_201438238.jpg

Tossing my hat in the ring with this, this is the definition of a Class I build. All I've got planed so far is cleaning and replacing the tires.

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9786.JPG

IMG_9787.JPG

IMG_9788.JPG

It's a really nice survivor for sure who ever owned this bike really liked it. Mocked up the wheel set with the new tires, rebuilt the front hub and replaced a missing spoke in the rear wheel.
Also have the guts from the rear wheel soaking with all the little bits.
IMG_9783.JPG

IMG_9800.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9802.JPG

IMG_9799.jpg

Messenger seat is in really nice shape, and that curved sissy bar is super sweet.
The Schwinn reflector is nice to.
IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9795.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

Cleaned and repacked the rear hub, also scrubbed the rust off the rims, polished and trued the wheels, cleaned up the pedals.
IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9810.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9818.JPG

These aren't kid gloves Mr. valiant :cool2:
IMG_9809.JPG

Cool cool bike! Love the tire selection. Noticed this bike has a 36 spoke rear wheel and 24 spoke front. Never seen that before.

Cool cool bike! Love the tire selection. Noticed this bike has a 36 spoke rear wheel and 24 spoke front. Never seen that before.

Thanks, and ya I noticed the spoke difference to It's a little odd.

Very cool pieces on that, sissy bar, bars.

Interested in the seat cleaning process when you get to it, wonder if peroxide or peroxide baking soda would pull the yellowing out. Ive seen peroxide brighten up some pretty scroungy grips.

good morning ,the earlier ross barracudas had 36 in rear and 24 in front then they went to 28 .so your biker is correct .Should be a 67 or 68 or a late 66 .hope this helps

Great info jungle t. The 36 hole rear wheel on the early musclebikes is interesting. Price of replacing the 36h rear wheel on a early '64 Stingray is what pushed me towards the resto-mod path. Guessing they must have only had 36h hubs for musclebikes when they first started.

IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
Hi guys just finally got around to breaking down and cleaning up my rare 66 3 speed barracuda . One very rare bike . Stick shift came out in 67 in green and maroon and this is a 66! In this green blue color and the fish on the chain guard has the barracuda name above it which they never did . Cool transition bike for sure . Take a look turned out nice .

Latest posts

Back