1966 Sears 26" Girls Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi gang,

MarkM has a 1966 Sears 26" Girls Frame. I know nothing about them.

Were they Schwinn built, or would Schwinn parts be compatable? Would I have trouble finding parts to build it into a rat rod?

I don't have the tools, etc. to adapt parts. How hard will it be to find what I will need?

Will post serial# and pic as soon as I have them.

Thanks,
Peg

pics and serial# 1966 Sears 26" Girls Frame

Here is the link to the photos. He included one of the bike as it was originally:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mallard11 ... e2&.src=ph

Schwinn did build frames for Sears during that period.

The serial # is kinda weird...There is 502 seperated from 455110 then 797498. Kinda like 3 different numbers!?! They are on the rear dropout, like Schwinn.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peg

I collect all kinds of parts and just try them to see if they fit. I wouldn't pay a lot for a particular part without knowing first for sure. You would probably need to know the goose neck and seat tube size for sure. I think most everything else is pretty universal. Do you have the fork?

I always like to see what people do with girls bikes.

I don't believe the fork is available. Just the frame.

Is there a list with serial numbers to see if I can find more details on the model?

That was the info given to me. I can't find anything online. So far this post saying it's a Murray. I can't find any pics of this bike anywhere. I will watch for more replies.

Oops, someone on the Schwinn site told me Murray built Sears bikes.

Here's Some Sears Codes!

Here's some useful Sears codes for bike collectors.

219 MTD
247 MTD
316 MTD
502 Murray
503 Sturmey Archer
538 AMF (Murray)
536 AMF (Murray)
484 J.C.PENNEY
809 AMF

Latest posts

Back