• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1962 Schwinn Typhoon double straight bars black

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my fun with this, and getting too many bikes in my garage. It's a black 62 Typhoon double straight bar bike in very decent restorable condition. Absolutely firm at $150 plus shipping with a very strong preference for a face to face direct hand-off rather than shipping so buyer can inspect in person. I can deliver this in SW Florida fully assembled or in parts. It is currently built with new wheels and bar but I have original wheels, fenders, etc. Might be missing original pedals but I have a small collection of pedals, probably correct for this bike, pick the ones you want. Full disclosure: Bendix triple red stripe two speed kickback hub shifts but does not stay in high gear, I'm not sure what that means, needs to be packed with grease at very least or may need to be rebuilt. Stem painted with aluminum spray paint, I have not stripped to check chrome but does not appear pitted at all. Rear triangle has been spread to 135 mm, I will restore to 120 mm to allow inspection for fatigue or bends prior to inspection and delivery. Front fender screw is broken off in fork, needs to be extracted by you. Red spray paint inside fenders. Rear rim is missing one spoke but is pretty true. Photo is as currently built - white stripe on frame is removable reflector tape in flash photo. Does not include alloy wheels, tires, saddle, rack, bars, chrome fenders, or any non-original parts - includes original parts on hand. I do not have a photo of the bike as received. Drop me a PM and we will connect by phone or direct email to discuss final package.
blackie.jpg

blackiehub2.jpg

blackiefenders.jpg

Latest posts

Back