1962 Fleetwing Mercury 11.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have a chance to but this bike. It
7e1695df4e601e17ff930a3063b286e7.jpg
has 26 inch tires and looks to be in decent shape. What would you give for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my locale, I would probably offer such a bike at around $125-150, but as a buyer, I wouldn't pay that much.

From a purist's perspective, there are "issues" with originality. (Modern seat, plastic pedals, replacement Schwinn chainring.) The lighted tank is a bonus, but the rest of the bike is pretty basic...a style not so uncommon in my area. Availability may be quite different where you're at and drive the price up.

I offered the guy 100 but he has his heart set on 175 so the deal will not happen. I had the same concerns. I have a seat and pedals but I would have too buy some ballon tires as well and maybe even the rims. The only two things that I find interesting is the tank and colors of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think anything with a usable tank is worth a $100...if that popped up on my local CL (which they don't often do, here)...I'd give it a visit and cap myself at $125, but would probably feel buyer's remorse for anything above $100. It appears to be a standard middleweight murray frame, which are a free-$40 frame in my book, so you are essentially buying a tank and rack and something to drape them on :grin:.

If no one else bites, he may take your hundo in few days :thumbsup:
Jason

Its a Murray Ohio built space bike; (maybe for the Jordon Marsh stores in Mass?).

I believe that the cantilevers on the outsides of the down tube may have been later than 1962 (maybe later 1960's, iirc).

Latest posts

Back